Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchase doesn't show in App Store

I purchased Aperture yesterday and downloaded it but now it doesn't show up in the 'purchased' window of my app store...

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 31, 2014 11:36 AM

16 replies

Oct 31, 2014 11:41 AM in response to kitcmac

I purchased Aperture yesterday and downloaded it but now it doesn't show up in the 'purchased' window of my app store...

But is it in your Applications folder and does it work?

Aperture will/should show on the "Purchased" tab of the AppStore, if you go to the Store menu and sign in with the Apple ID you used to buy Aperture. Are you using the same Apple ID?

Oct 31, 2014 1:24 PM in response to léonie

I know you are trying to help, but I have checked the account information. And the history shows that I purchased Aperture yesterday with the same account as Yosemite and all of the other things but it doesn't show up on the App Store page. Perhaps Aperture is NOT compatible with Yosemite and therefore does not show up on my purchased page?

Oct 31, 2014 1:30 PM in response to kitcmac

If you yesterday purchased Aperture, you should now be having Aperture 3.6.

Have a look at the release notes: Aperture 3.6 Release notes

The newest Aperture is a compatibility update for Yosemite.

but it doesn't show up on the App Store page.

Applications can be hidden on the "purchased" tab.

Have you checked, if it has been hidden?, see: Hide and unhide purchases in the Mac App Store

Nov 1, 2014 2:24 PM in response to kitcmac

Now Aperture does NOT appear in the app store of either computer. Very frustrating!

It shows up only on the desktop where I was messing around with deleting app store preferences yesterday.

What kind of messing around ? When you view your account in the AppStore > Store menu, is it the correct AppleID?

Try to restart your Mac in Safe Mode. Perhaps something is preventing the Mac from contacting Apple's Servers.

See: Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode

Nov 1, 2014 10:28 PM in response to léonie

What kind of messing around ?

messing around as in going to my preferences folder in my Library folder and deleting the "com.apple.appstore.plist" file hoping that there was perhaps a corrupted file messing up the functioning of the App Store.

When you view your account in the AppStore > Store menu, is it the correct AppleID?

yes, it is the correct ID. I didn't change anything on my desktop computer and Aperture showed up in the App store for just a brief time this morning, but by the time I checked the laptop and came back to the desktop, it no longer did. As I check again this evening..No Aperture.

I started the desktop in safe mode and no change. It seems not very likely that it is something on my computers since they are both acting in the same way. I still think it has to be something at Apple. The purchase shows up in the history at the website but just not in the app store (at least not at the current time). Hopefully something will change by tomorrow morning and I will download as soon as I see it instead of waiting to do it at a later time....

Purchase doesn't show in App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.