Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 3014, tried everything...

Hi everyone,

I have an iPhone 5C (and I'm on a Mac), and I'd like to update to 8.1 since yesterday. I downloaded well etc, but when I try to install the update, I get blocked on the error 3014.

YEAH, I know, you're already all searching all the other posts about that error to link me in response... BUT I've already checked all of them, and no answer was given for me :

• I haven't any antivirus, my firewall is deactivated.
  • My file "hosts" has no line for gs.apple.com, and when I put the address with or without #, the error is still here...
  • I tried to update directly on my iphone, but it says that I'm not connected to internet (I think iPhone is not as smart as the Mac to tell me the # of the error)

Moreover I'm not the owner of the network, it's not my box so I can't open the ports... If it's the only option, I'll try to find another place with wifi and update it there.

I look forward for all your advices !

ps : it's the official 8.1, I don't even know is there's a jailbroken version of the iOs...

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Oct 31, 2014 6:40 PM

8 replies

Oct 31, 2014 7:50 PM in response to Hygin

Seems you have checked the usual suspects for that error code, but one other thing can cause error 3014 and that's disk space on your computer.

So check disk space and check to make sure you can connect to the Apple server. Do this by opening your browser and type in gs.apple.com

if you can't connect or see anything other then Apple info your restore WILL fail.

Oct 31, 2014 8:38 PM in response to imodztech

Thank you imodztech for answering so fast !

When I go to gs.apple.com, I get this :

"

This page is just a placeholder. To publish your site, place your HTML and image files in the data directory.

Be sure to name your main page "index.html" and it will become the default page for visitors.

Additional resources

Apple
For the latest information about Apple Computer, Mac OS X Server, and other Apple server products, visit:

- Apple - Mac OS X Server

Apache Web Server
Detailed documentation on the Apache web server is available:

- In the Apache.org on-line documentation

Technical Problems
If you have a question or encounter a problem with your server software you can:

- Search the Internet

Copyright © 2004-2010 Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"

Is it the right page to have ?

Concerning my disk space I'm pretty sure it's enough : I got 283 Go free... Please tell me that's enough x)

Tomorrow I'll try to find another wifi access to try it directly from my iPhone. But the problem won't get solved anyway, so if there are guys who know how to fix it, I take it ! 😀

G'night,

Hygin.

May 3, 2015 11:23 AM in response to Hygin

I just solved this issue on my system - Windows 7 computer and iPod touch.

I was doing an upgrade of iOS and when updating and restoring I got the 3014 error

I tried on my wifes computer and same issue. Looked at host file and that was fine.

I fixed it my configuring to use OpenDNS. I saw this recommended to fix this issue in another post for TP-Link router that I have, but this has nothing to do with what router you have. Below article has info on addresses to use for OpenDNS:

Can not access few websites through TP-Link Router...

What you need from the above is the OpenDNS addresses - they are:

Below link is details on how to configure to use these addresses on Windows 7

http://www.opennicproject.org/configure-your-dns/how-to-change-dns-servers-in-wi ndows-7/

I am on Comcast. I don't know if the DNS server they use is the problem or what. But this fixes it for me. Hope it helps.

Error 3014, tried everything...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.