Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 12.0.0.140 does not update in Yosemite show in the update list, then shows it installed then also shows it as needs updating again. And no it does not actually update the software

Itunes 12.0.0.140 does not update in Yosemite on iMac 27", show in the update list, then shows it installed then also shows it as needs updating again. And no it does not actually update the software

Posted on Oct 31, 2014 4:40 PM

2 replies

Aug 2, 2015 9:25 AM in response to LaserFixer

I had a terrible time with this. I finally resolved it by quitting the App Store, and downloading the new iTunes version directly from this link:

https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

When I clicked to start the download, I got an error message (can't remember what it said), but when I clicked "Cancel" the download went ahead anyway. iTunes installed itself properly and has been working fine.

Itunes 12.0.0.140 does not update in Yosemite show in the update list, then shows it installed then also shows it as needs updating again. And no it does not actually update the software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.