Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't open i photo since installing yosimite 10.10 even after installing photo library upgrade

can't open i photo since installing yosimite 10.10 even after installing photo library upgrade

whenever I try to open i photo it asks me again to download/install the app

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 31, 2014 6:39 PM

9 replies

Oct 31, 2014 11:20 PM in response to LucVM

Downloading the iPhoto library upgrader is not the deal - you also have to run it - it is located in the utilities folder in the applications folder - double click on it and after it completes then launch iphoto to complete the upgrade - this is only required if your old version of iPhoto is iPhoto '08 (version 7.x.x) or older

LN

Mar 26, 2015 11:53 PM in response to LucVM

Here's a little something you can try!!! 🙂

Go to your applications folder and find iPhoto. Right-click on it and select "Show Package Contents". Now inside that, go to Contents>MacOS and you should find a few terminal files. Open "iPhoto" in terminal stay on terminal and wait for it to do it's magic. iPhoto will eventually open like normal (YAY!) and you can find your photos (well, it worked for me, anyway so hopefully). Don't close terminal, or iPhoto will quit. When you want to quit out, quit out of iPhoto normally and then quit out of terminal.

HOPE THIS WORKS YAY!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.