Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

running 10.9.5 OS X and iLife 11, now can't use iPhoto

I originally had 10.6.8 running iLife11 and had no issues. I had to reformat my HDD due to a bad sector and when i did Fry's recommended loading 10.9.5 on my new HDD, they said all my APPS would work. I now am running 10.9.5 and my scanner, label maker, and printer SW no longer work very well. I reinstalled my iLife11 Installation DVD on my 10.9.5 and now my iPhoto doesn't work. I wish i would have stayed on 10.6.8, but now really don't have a choice. How do i get iPhoto to work? Do i have to upgrade once more to Yosimite? (And hope nothing else messes up)

Really don't want to do anything but go back to the solid performance of 10.6.8 that also allowed for PowerPC apps and be done with it. If i knew of a way to roll back i would do that, i know everything works well on my 10.6.8 load!!

iPhoto '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Nov 1, 2014 7:34 AM

7 replies

Nov 1, 2014 9:18 AM in response to HobbyProductions

Since you install iPhoto from the iLike 11 disk you are running iPhoto 9.1. Did you have iPhoto 9.4.3 or 9.5.1 previously? There are upgraded for iPhoto 9.1 to get you to 9.4.3 which will work with Mavericks.

1 - update to iPhoto 9.2.1

2 - update to iPhoto 9.3

3 - update to iPhoto 9.3.2

4 - update to iPhoto 9.4

5 - and finally to iPhoto 9.4.3

If you were using iPhoto 9.5.1 previously and since iPhoto 9.5.1 was a complete upgrade only available thru the App Store and is no longer being offered at the App Store you may have to downgrade your library to 9.4.3 by following this iPhoto Library Manager tutorial: Can I use iPhoto Library Manager to "downgrade" my library to an older version of iPhoto?

User uploaded file

Nov 4, 2014 11:40 AM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for your response.

However, everything i can find shows that iLife '11 had a version of iPhoto 9.4.3 in it.

I tried to download 9.4.3 just incase, like you noted, and when I double-clicked on the install package, received an error that at least iPhoto 9.1 is required. Now i really confused!!

All of my other apps from iLife '11 are working fine, including the iDVD/iGarage/iMovie/etcUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Nov 4, 2014 1:39 PM in response to Old Toad

I only had iPhoto from iLife 11 installed at the time I tried this.

I actually had to go and install 9.1.0 and then 9.1.1 from the iPhoto install page.

Once i did that, and performed all the upgrades you mentioned, stopping at 9.4.3, my iPhoto is working now!

I did have to let the iPhoto library update as well, but I am currently able to use iPhoto on 9.4.3 using OS X 10.9.5

Thanks for your help OT

running 10.9.5 OS X and iLife 11, now can't use iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.