Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 6 PLUS major glitches, SMS, iMessage, Safari and other apps.

How come my brand new iPhone 6 PLUS keeps glitching?

I will open Messages and regardless if its an iMessage or not it will freeze within 15 seconds when it unfreezes it will catch up but the entire message will be incorrect. Every second or third time i message it will freeze and 8-12 seconds later it will crash the message app.

Also while using the phone in normal operation the iPhone will freeze (While scrolling usually) the entire touch digitiser will become inoperative.

I was told by Apple I have to Erase the entire phone and "Set up as a NEW PHONE" - Sorry Apple but thats never going to happen, how about you fix the software issue before you utter such ridiculous words to anyone else!

Also when i select a contact to message the contacts name will appear at the top of the screen (as you would expect) but only the last message you sent will be on the screen the entire thread will disappear. 5-10 seconds later they will appear and if you leave the phone alone or continue typing about 45-90 seconds later it happens again.

iPhone is restoring numbers I deleted with the contacts name however when you select the name to message - BOOM the name is gone and its just the number.

All my Apps freeze then crash its a nightmare it doesn't matter how many updates I do or the amount of restores.

Has anyone else found this? Because I think I found a solution Ill post it below...

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1, Also iOS8 and 8.0.2

Posted on Nov 1, 2014 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2014 8:51 AM

So there is another thread on the forum about apps crashing and freezing on the iPhone 6 Plus.

The answer that fixed the problem involved turning off the Speak Page and Speech settings with in accessibility settings....

SETTINGS/ ACCESSIBILITY/ SPEECH

I turned off - Speak Selection and Speak Screens and made sure the rest were off.

I also turned off but you may not need to:

Hearing Aid Mode

Hope this helps someone else in the same position...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2014 8:51 AM in response to iDo-it

So there is another thread on the forum about apps crashing and freezing on the iPhone 6 Plus.

The answer that fixed the problem involved turning off the Speak Page and Speech settings with in accessibility settings....

SETTINGS/ ACCESSIBILITY/ SPEECH

I turned off - Speak Selection and Speak Screens and made sure the rest were off.

I also turned off but you may not need to:

Hearing Aid Mode

Hope this helps someone else in the same position...

New iPhone 6 PLUS major glitches, SMS, iMessage, Safari and other apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.