Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i purchase Logic Pro X using paypal?

Hi! I would like to purchase a copy of logic pro X using paypal. Is this possible? When I try purchase it on the app store site it asks for CC details. Please help!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Nov 1, 2014 9:31 AM

8 replies

Nov 1, 2014 2:59 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

Not for me it isn't. since I am a first time mac app store user it asks me to sign up and add a payment method. The only options are credit cards. If I purchase gift vouchers and buy logic Pro X that way will it still cost me 199 bucks or is there extra charge?

Nov 1, 2014 3:57 PM in response to Community User

I believe. as a first time user you can use Paypal..

Check the instructions at the very end of that page i linked to....

However, maybe you are in a country that doesn't allow Paypal?

Anyhow, yes.. you can buy gift cards and then redeem them via the App Store.... and there is no extra charge... other than taxes as normal, depending on the country/state

Nov 2, 2014 9:36 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

When I login to app store or itunes the first message I get is:

This Apple ID has not yet been used with the iTunes Store. Please review your information.

Then I click to proceed and it asks me for my billing details. Here is a screenshot. No option for paypal and I cannot proceed without providing billing details and CC details.User uploaded file

Nov 2, 2014 9:57 AM in response to Community User

As I said.. PayPal may not be an option in all countries..... and apparently it isn't an option in Spain!

So you will have to use the Gift Card method....

You can create an Apple ID without any CC information..... which is what you will have to do.

Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Support

Nov 2, 2014 11:01 AM in response to Community User

if you have already created an Apple ID then yes... apparently you have to add a CC and then remove it...

However.....

If you create a new Apple ID then no.. you don't.. as per this page....

Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Support

Don't ask me why that is.. I have no clue..... You could contact Apple and ask them....

Contact Apple for support and service

can i purchase Logic Pro X using paypal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.