Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do a really delete books from iBook store (not just hide them)?

iPad Air 2 WiFi, Cellular, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 1, 2014 10:53 AM

8 replies

Jan 20, 2015 10:55 PM in response to ottonomy

I'm running the same version of iTunes that you are running. I am running Mountain Lion, however. With Mavericks or Yosemite, don't you actually have a separate iBooks Store (like the App Store)?

If so, have you tried going to your Collections, and then right-clicking on a book you want to hide to see if the "Hide Purchase" option will display?

Cheers,

GB

Jan 20, 2015 11:10 PM in response to gail from maine

THANK YOU!

I had poked around in iBooks, trying things like right-clicking, as you suggested, but what I hadn't tried was opening the iBooks Store there. Once in the store within iBooks, the interface is very much like the iTunes store, and there is a Purchased link on the right, which takes you to a page where you can click Xs on various books to hide them.

I'm still a bit irritated with Apple for not having updated the instructions for this in its iCloud Family Sharing documentation (it still says that all the purchased item types are in iTunes, with no indication that Yosemite changes all this).

But you have solved my problem. Much appreciated!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.