Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File Sharing between macbook pro and imac

Hello,

I'm having trouble with file sharing between my bankbook pro and my new iMac. I want to share some photos on my iPhoto library from my macbook pro and transfer them to my iMac. I've turned on file sharing and tried connecting, entered in my username and password, but it won't connect. I've tried several times with the correct username and password combination, and the box just shakes and denies entry. I've even tried connecting as a guest user and it says "access is denied, contact system administrator." Can anyone help? I've upgraded to Yosemite on both computers.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 1, 2014 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2014 12:01 PM

Hi, not on Yosemite right now to see if it's different, but in the Sharing Pref Pane, did you add Folders & Users there?

Did you enable Remote Login so you can log in as the owner of the Mac you're trying to connect to?

5 replies

Nov 5, 2014 8:37 AM in response to BDAqua

I've done everything that you've recommended, however, I am still having trouble sharing files between my macbook and iMac. I even tried using airdrop to transfer files, but nothing seems to be working. I've made sure the firewall options are what they're supposed to be and everything. Whenever I try to login as administrator to file share, it won't accept my password. I don't know why airdrop isn't working either.

File Sharing between macbook pro and imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.