Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps

Direction not available aroute to the nearest road cannot be determined .

how how can fix my maps

iPad Mini, iOS 7.1

Posted on Nov 1, 2014 11:30 AM

10 replies

Mar 1, 2015 6:31 PM in response to bobseufert

I read somewhere on this site that someone like myself that has only a WiFi iPad can purchase a GPS device called Bad Elf. I looked at the site and the device looks pretty good and there are many apps that it configures with like Google Maps and many, many more. It costs $129. I have an Otterbox case and I'm sure that the connector will not bypass the case. However, there is a connector made just for this purpose, and also an extender wire that has the male and female lightning 8 pin connectors. Appears that this is one good alternative if you want a good GPS, and I'm sure there are others.

Mar 2, 2015 6:32 AM in response to bobseufert

My understanding is that Bad Elf only provides GPS signals. Bad Elf then becomes integrated for use with a maps app like one of the many apps suggested on their site, one of which is Google Maps. So I would assume that once connected to Google Maps, we would receive voice navigation. BTW, I found that Amazon has the Bad Elf for $95. I'll try and locate the other post where someone mentioned that they use Bad Elf and verify that it provides voice and turn by turn navigation.

Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.