Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could not find layout General Audio 10?

I've been working on a song in GarageBand and when I turned it on this morning it says "Could not find layout General Audio 10." Others are saying to go to the menu and select GarageBand and click "Restore Sound Library" then "Update Sound Library", but neither of those are clickable for me. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 1, 2014 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2014 12:47 PM

Others are saying to go to the menu and select GarageBand and click "Restore Sound Library" then "Update Sound Library", but neither of those are clickable for me.

Have you ever installed the in-app purchase? These menu items are only available, if you bought the in-app purchase or upgraded from GarageBand '11.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2014 12:47 PM in response to CierraWells

Others are saying to go to the menu and select GarageBand and click "Restore Sound Library" then "Update Sound Library", but neither of those are clickable for me.

Have you ever installed the in-app purchase? These menu items are only available, if you bought the in-app purchase or upgraded from GarageBand '11.

Nov 1, 2014 1:57 PM in response to léonie

Yes I do. I bought my pro a few weeks ago, so there's not too much on it quite yet. The first time the download was almost through I 1-click updated all my apps and GarageBand was a part of that. So when it updated it had to restart the download. Then whenever I lose internet connection for some reason, it has to pause/restart then as well. Hopefully it won't take too much longer though.

Could not find layout General Audio 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.