Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't sign in to my iMac iCloud acct. because it locked me out after several attempts to enter the password. Said to reset ID/password. I did, didn't fix the problem.

My iMac, early 2008 24", operating system Yosemite; I tried to fix a communication problem between Apple devices on iCloud. I have iCloud and iCloud Drive. The problem is with iCloud. I attempted to enter my password but apparently too many times. I received the following message: You can’t sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons. It then directed me to iforgot.apple.com to change password/ID. I did, completed the process but it did not release the security lock out from the iCloud in my Preferences. I did this at least five times. Please identify a way to unlock the security system so I can now enter iCloud on my iMac.

iMac (24-inch Early 2008), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 1, 2014 1:51 PM

1 reply

I can't sign in to my iMac iCloud acct. because it locked me out after several attempts to enter the password. Said to reset ID/password. I did, didn't fix the problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.