Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drain on iOS 8.1

Hey guys,

I got a new iPhone 5S 3 days ago and updated it to iOS 8.1 as soon as I took it out of the box OTA. I've had a 5 and a 4 but have never had such annoying battery drain, I can't get through more than half day with casual usage. It also gets pretty hot. As I said I couldn't update with iTunes and restore the software because I was abroad. I will try this now to see if it can help me. I decided to post here because I was wondering if I am the only one. Is there anybody else suffering from those problems?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 1, 2014 5:00 PM

4 replies

Nov 2, 2014 1:30 AM in response to selenafromshenzhen

I forgot to say that i had background app refresh and all location services off. Also, tried to reset the phone multipe times by holding the power and home buton. Still, nothing works. I restored the phone through iTunes yesterday and i can still see that the battery is going down pretty fast. It went down 10% for like 10 minutes on safari video with half brightness. I hadn't even intalled any apps yet.

Battery drain on iOS 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.