Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud mail not auto-updating between devices

If i check a new email on my Mac (with OS X Yosemite), it will still show the notification and badge app icon on the mail apps on my iPod touch and iPad (both with iOS 8.1) until I go to the mail apps and update them.

However, if I check my mail on my iPod Touch, it will automatically hide the notification from my Mac, but not my iPad. Also the other way around.

How can I fix this? I never had this problem when I had my Windows Live mail instead of iCloud mail.

iPod touch, iOS 8

Posted on Nov 1, 2014 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2014 6:23 PM

That's normal with iCloud email accounts. Reading an email on one device does not trigger a push notification update to your other devices. From iCloud, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch: Some of my emails/updates don't seem to be pushed to my device:

If you read one of your iCloud email messages in the Mail application on your computer, that email will still appear in your unread mail count on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch until you open Mail on that device. Once you open Mail on the iOS device, the message status will be updated.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2014 6:23 PM in response to MichaelDAdams

That's normal with iCloud email accounts. Reading an email on one device does not trigger a push notification update to your other devices. From iCloud, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch: Some of my emails/updates don't seem to be pushed to my device:

If you read one of your iCloud email messages in the Mail application on your computer, that email will still appear in your unread mail count on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch until you open Mail on that device. Once you open Mail on the iOS device, the message status will be updated.

iCloud mail not auto-updating between devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.