Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get HDR on iPhone 6 plus front camera?

My 5s front camera had HDR and my iPhone 6 plus does not and for a phone with the best camera there is it is a little disappointing because I love taking pictures with HDR to avoid blurry pictures. If there is a way to get HDR on the front camera please let me know, thank you.

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 1:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 1:49 AM

Good news, on the iPhone 6 HDR isn't necessary on the front camera. See quote from the User Guide.

“HDR

HDR (High Dynamic Range) helps you get great shots, even in high-contrast situations. The best parts of three quick shots, taken at different exposures (long, normal, and short), are blended together into a single photo.

Note: On iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, the FaceTime camera creates high dynamic range photos using the camera’s sensor, instead of blending three separate shots. This feature is always on, and only one photo is created (which is not labeled HDR).”

Excerpt From: Apple Inc. “iPhone User Guide For iOS 8.” Apple Inc., 2014. iBooks.

This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itun.es/us/KT6R2.l

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2014 1:49 AM in response to Shion.R

Good news, on the iPhone 6 HDR isn't necessary on the front camera. See quote from the User Guide.

“HDR

HDR (High Dynamic Range) helps you get great shots, even in high-contrast situations. The best parts of three quick shots, taken at different exposures (long, normal, and short), are blended together into a single photo.

Note: On iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, the FaceTime camera creates high dynamic range photos using the camera’s sensor, instead of blending three separate shots. This feature is always on, and only one photo is created (which is not labeled HDR).”

Excerpt From: Apple Inc. “iPhone User Guide For iOS 8.” Apple Inc., 2014. iBooks.

This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itun.es/us/KT6R2.l

How to get HDR on iPhone 6 plus front camera?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.