Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s and the Otterbox Defender Series

I had, and have still an Apple iPhone 5s. I purchased the Otter Box Defender Series for the phone for the same day. I liked both the phone and the box with the belt clip. About 6 weeks into owning the pair. I went to take the iPhone (in Case) off my belt. The clip on the belt broke (actually a retaining clip for the phone broke) BAM! there goes my phone about 3 feet onto my kitchen floor! I'm like Oh No! I pick up the phone and see no damages at all! Thank God for the Otter Box. But then I had to carry the phone around like a brick in my hand which was a pain in the wazoo! I purchased both items at my local AT&T Store. So 1+1=2, I figured I would just take my phone and otter box clip into the store and get a new otter box (I paid $50.00) for it. My local AT&T Store has been gret they (and Apple deserve i reviews in my mind. However, when I took it in the AT&T Rep told me they do not service or replace Otter Box because it is a third party contract situation. Then they advised meme how to get the Otter Box replaced. Every timeI put in the Web address I would get a prompt saying invsalid address try again" I'm kind patient, so I would try again every oher day to contact OtterBox with no results. This all started in March 2014. I went online and saw the diagrams nd instructions on how to send the otterbox back for replacement. At the time I did not have a printer so I drew the outlines as they directed. Now were into about July and I'm still carrying my brick around in my pocket. Finally AT&T helps me again and gives me a number to call otterbox. I did they emailed me back and told had some information missing on the form. I looked at the 6 photo's I took of the phone, otter box brokrn clip and all identifyers and said no way, all the information is there! I do not get rude with the reps they are doing the best they can and normaly it is excellent.. I told them I used to place orders and do diagrams and documents daily at my career and I knew everything was right! Finally they agreed to send me the otterbox. So I carried the brick around again waiting and no Otterbox in the mail yet. I finally got tired of carrying the big bulky box and took it off. Leaving my slender and slick phone exposed to danger. Well as luck ould have it and still no box! in October- remember this started in March. I'm laying down on my bed and had soaked my feet in about 2" of water because I have "Plantar Faciitius" or basically torn tendons that don't heal from being in the Martial Arts for several years and bein an active competitor. I turned the cover over, heard plunk and said- that's right OH NO!! within 5 seconds I had the phone out of the water and was drying it off. It was dead. CRAP! If OtterBox had gotten off their butts maybe this would not have happened! So I try the phone again I get a glimpse of my screen then nothing. A friend told me put it in rice. So I did, I saw a little more of the screen and had hope .So I buried it in rice againfor two days. recharged it and SHAZAM! it worked! Yay for rice! The phone was able to make calls, text, do all it's funtions for about for days the n I went to sync it with iTunes. The screen froze with a lighting cord a dash and and arrow on the screen and that ended the iPhone 5s life. And I'm out $500-600.00! Still no otter box, so I went into a two year contract and got a Samsung GalaxyS4. Nice phone but somewhat more complicated than my iPhone, especially because it came with NO instruction manual and all the icons look different! So I was told about a shop in my city where they repair iphones. I took the phone there, a young petite Asian lady told me "two days", I said two days and it will be fixed? She said like new! So here it is November 2, she had to order a chip from China but assured me it wold be as good as new this coming week. Any extra charge? No! Halleluhah. for $90.00 I get my iPhone 5s back with a guarantee. Still no Otterbox. So a friend at AT&T told me when I asked sbout the best box to cover a phone and they told me the "LifeProof" when I heard it was water resistant I said that's what I need! But I decided to investigate it on the net. and found this forum. So tell me is the LifeProof the one or not because half seem aggravated and half satisfied. It was priced high nut I found a lower cost outlet. Thumbs up or thumbs down gang? Thank you for letting me tell my story. MjS. p.s still not otterbox, although they gave me a confirmation number about a week and a half ago. ....Wait til you hear the run around with the Behind The Head Blue Tooth that would not sync, was replaced by another at no cost, but the other cuts out and no one can hear me talk- so they said send both back we will send another. Forget it, three times from the UK to the US ain't woth it. Nice people great design, piece of garbage devise. thumbs down.

iPhone 5s, iOS 6.1.2, Great Phone!

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 1:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 12:53 PM

Whomever told you about this forum was wrong. We are iPhone users trying to help others with iPhone hardware problems. This is not a chat room and we are not here to discuss the best case for your iPhone. As much as we sympathize with your situation, this is not the place for that discussion.

1 reply

iPhone 5s and the Otterbox Defender Series

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.