Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite iCloud login HELP!

Dear All,

After upgrading to Yosemite I find myself not being able to able to login to iCloud:

I get the message:

You cant sign in at this time.

Try signing in again.

In previous versions of OS X you could delete the /Library/Application Support/iCloud/Accounts folder

What to do?

MacBook (13-inch), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 3:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 9:48 PM

I am facing the same problem, not being able to login.

14 replies

Dec 2, 2014 9:52 PM in response to finchr

Same thing! At least I think...

I get frequent alerts saying:

This Mac can't sign in to iCloud because of a problem with [my Apple ID].

Open iCloud preferences to fix this problem.

When I go to my iCloud settings in System Preferences, it shows my iCloud account on the left side and at the top of the window says:

Enter your password to continue using iCloud.

Verify the Apple ID password for [my Apple ID].

So I click on the button and enter the password, but when I click OK, nothing happens. The dialog box goes away, but nothing changes - not even an error message or something telling me the password is incorrect. I know that my password is correct because it works on my iPhone and online. I actually changed it once since having this problem. And when you click the "Support" button below the password's text field, it just brings you to the "forgot password" page on Apple Support.

I also tried signing out from iCloud completely and that didn't even work. It warned me that all my iCloud data would be erased from the computer, which I agreed to since I have all that information on my phone. After going through all those prompts and 'Deleting from Mac' with Contacts, Notes, etc., it finally just told me that I could not sign out.

This is super inconvenient and a big waste of time! Yosemite was supposed to introduce slick new time-saving features, but I actually took a step backward by installing it because I was at least connected to iCloud (same account) before.

Is this the same as everybody else?

Has anyone come up with a solution for this?

Specs:

Late-2011 500GB 13-inch MacBook Pro.

Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Dec 10, 2014 12:25 PM in response to synogen

I fixed it! I fixed it 🙂 After few weeks of trying and reinstalling Yosemite at least 10 times,

I found out that the problem was not in Yosemite, nor in ICloud or Safari, but in Network.

I took my MacBookPro to my work and everything worked. I came back home and the

problem reoccured. Here's article that helped me at the end:

http://osxdaily.com/2014/10/25/fix-wi-fi-problems-os-x-yosemite/

Hope this will help you too!

Mar 17, 2015 7:02 PM in response to finchr

I just got a new iMac last week and everything was working fine, up until I changed my iCloud password from another device, while my iMac was logged in with my account. Ever since then, I kept getting the message about putting in my password again, in the iCloud preferences pane. Once I put it in, it would clear like it was going to turn it all on, and then it would pop right back up with it again. After many failed attempts, I decided to go into it from System Preferences via "Internet Accounts" instead of iCloud. When I went in there, my google immediately asked me for my password and I had to generate the "Application Specific Password" again. (I have two-factor authentication on). I then clicked on my iCloud account and it asked me for my iCloud KeyChain Verification code. I couldn't remember it, so I went to my iPhone which uses the same iCloud account and generated a new one (under iCloud -> Keychain -> Advanced") and selected "Change Security Code". I put that new code in the iMac and whammy. It worked and the iCloud preferences page went back to normal.

I just think I got lucky, but I'm hoping this will do the trick for you guys too.

May 25, 2015 6:26 PM in response to DIYerwithNoHackingSkills

Yes. Still to this day same problem. My iPad and iPhone sync well over the cloud. My mac is another story... Nothing syncs and the log in from my system preferences pane for iCloud has been greyed out for about 3 weeks. When I log in from the icloud, it does not show my mac in the devices. Im about to just get a third party cloud. I'm tired of dealing with all of these apple issues. Its getting old already.

Aug 4, 2015 7:44 AM in response to DIYerwithNoHackingSkills

So I was racking my brain over this same issue - I kept inputing the password, and it never logged me into the iCloud account. So I tried deleting the iCloud account off of the computer using the "-" button at the bottom of the accounts pane there in system preferences > internet account. A whole bunch of stuff comes up about using a separate iCloud and mac user account password. I just hit accept and entered the same password. Then it listed the account as inactive. I hit the "-" button again to delete it completely, and then after it was gone, I re added the account as if it was the first time setting it up. Worked for me. Seems to be good to go after that.

Sep 16, 2015 8:03 AM in response to JJMAC1986

I have a new macbook, so I didn't have any of these issues. I had to give permission for my macbook from another device connected to my icloud in order to get rid of the greyed out boxes. The only way I could get it to start asking me to approve it was to reset my keychain on one of these other devices (also I had requested the use of a keychain on my macbook, so that might be the request that got it go through).

Regardless, once i approved the request for my macbook to use the keychain, I was able to enter my password under the 'verify apple ID' request on my new macbook and everything worked.

Dec 26, 2015 2:17 PM in response to pansophy2000

I was able to clear a login problem with iCloud on my MacbookPro by going to icloud.com and then to my account.

In my account profile I deleted the reference to the MacbookPro that was having trouble signing in. (It was actually listed twice)

Then I went back to my MacbookPro's system preferences -> iCloud and signed in again.

Then it connected okay and the authentication worked fine.

I also have two-factor authentication set up, for what it's worth.

I'm not sure where the problem came from, but I had some repairs that required replacing the logic board and maybe the hardware made it look like a new computer in a way that was confusing to iCloud.

Yosemite iCloud login HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.