Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset passcode on iPad Air 2

I have forgot my passcode for iPad Air 2, How do I reset this?

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 5:00 AM

REMOVE PASSCODE

1. Turn off iPad

2. Turn on computer and launch iTunes (make sure you have the latest version of iTune)

3. Plug USB cable into computer's USB port

4. Hold Home button down and plug the other end of cable into docking port.

DO NOT RELEASE BUTTON until you see picture of iTunes and plug

5. Release Home button.

ON COMPUTER

6. iTunes has detected iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes.

7. Select "Restore iPad"...

Note:

1. Data will be lost if you do not have backup

2. You must follow step 1 to step 4 VERY CLOSELY.

3. Repeat the process if necessary.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2014 5:00 AM in response to gruelly

REMOVE PASSCODE

1. Turn off iPad

2. Turn on computer and launch iTunes (make sure you have the latest version of iTune)

5. Release Home button.

ON COMPUTER

6. iTunes has detected iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes.

Note:

3. Repeat the process if necessary.

May 13, 2015 10:57 AM in response to gruelly

Urgent guys,, I need help with my iPad Air ,,

It's a new one, still with its cover, I opened it on time and created an ID apple. didn't join my iPad to iTunes or I cloud.

I made a pass code for my iPad ( the pass u enter it the moment u open it).

next day I wanted to open it, but I figured out that I forgot the pass code, and I started to guess the pass by entering different possible pass codes. till I reached the level of ( try after 5 mins, then try after 60 mins.... lastly Your iPad is disabled, connect it to iTunes)

Now I downloaded iTunes on my Laptop and I tried to do these steps :

1. Turn off iPad

5. Release Home button.

ON COMPUTER

Note:

3. Repeat the process if necessary

**** But it didn't work with me cuz iTunes give me the message that ( iTunes cannot reset or contact my iPad cuz I have a pass code)

Note:

I haven't synced my device to anything yet

Please help me to save it

Oct 5, 2015 6:27 AM in response to nechnay

If it is asking you to enter a passcode you did not follow the steps exactly. See iOS: Forgotten passcode or device disabled after entering wrong passcode, or follow this procedure for Device Firmware Update (DFU) mode:

DFU mode:

• Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer if it isn't there already
  • Reboot your computer
  • Disable any antivirus and firewalls
  • Launch iTunes
  • Connect the device cable to a USB port on the computer (not to a USB hub), but DO NOT CONNECT TO THE DEVICE YET
  • Press and hold the HOME and SLEEP buttons at the same time for exactly 10 seconds, until the screen turns black, then release the SLEEP button but continue holding the HOME button. If an Apple logo appears while holding both buttons you held for too long; start over.
  • While still holding the HOME button connect the other end of the cable to the device
  • You should see a message in iTunes saying a phone in Recovery mode has been detected (it may take up to a minute for the message to appear). When you see that message release the HOME button and the device should restore. When asked DO NOT restore a backup; set up as a new phone.

How do I reset passcode on iPad Air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.