Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can I do when I have more than the limit?

I'm starting to think that I have just a few more than the limit of, (25000?) and I was wondering what do I do? Is there a way I can raise my limit?

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 4:57 AM

2 replies

Nov 2, 2014 9:48 AM in response to Manok

Hi,

Add iCloud status column to song view. If this states that you have exceeded the limit, you have more than 25k tracks. This column will tell you what has been matched or uploaded. Make a smart playlist that has any track with iCloud status = matched and iCloud status = uploaded. The total number of tracks will tell you what is in the cloud.

Read this draft of a users tip

"iTunes match has a limit of 25k tracks for tracks matched or uploaded. iTunes purchases do not count towards this limit.

Can you have iTunes match and an iTunes library with more than 25K?

Yes but you need to manage your library so that you keep matched and uploaded tracks below 25k. With iCloud status column added to song view (go to menu > view > view options and tick appropriate box), you can tell what has been matched, uploaded, purchased, ineligible, duplicate or waiting. You can also have a "Removed" status. Such files are ignored when match scans your library.

I achieved this by creating a second blank library - I signed into match and was able to view all tracks in iTunes Match. iTunes: How to open an alternate iTunes Library file or create a new one

I then deleted some tracks from this library - effectively deleting tracks in the cloud. They were not deleted from you hard drive and will still appear in your original library. This method works well if you have a second computer on which your library only shows tracks in the cloud.

When I went back into my original library, the iCloud status for those tracks were shown as "removed". iTunes Match will now ignore those tracks. You can now add new tracks provided you kept matched and uploaded to less than 25k. I keep a smart playlist any track with iCloud status = matched and any track with iCloud status.

If you have exceeded the limit, the iCloud status will tell you so but even after you have deleted the excess tracks, you might still get this message. You may find that using the above method will fix the problem BUT i can not verify this. If you back up your library regularly to may be able to restore the iTunes library.itl from a time immediately before you first had exceeded limit problem."

Jim

Nov 2, 2014 12:25 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

I only use iTunes to manage a subset of my collection for iTunes Match. If you are already living the nightmare of having your entire large music collection in iTunes, create a separate iTunes library just for iTunes Match.

I use J River Media Center to maintain my entire music collection. I have an iTunes Match playlist within J River and use J Rivers export to iTunes function to sync that playlist to iTunes.

Of course this is on a PC.

What can I do when I have more than the limit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.