Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

kextd process running constantly 30%-40% cpu

Hey all,

After upgrading to Yosemite my MacBookPro (mid-2009) has the kextd process constantly running at 30 or 40% of the CPU. It is killing the battery and causing general slowdown. Is there a way to identify what is causing this process to run so much? I have another newer MacBookpro and that process is normally 0% cpu.

Any help on what steps to take?

Thanks!

Eric

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 7:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 9:01 PM

The kernel is using excessive processor cycles. Below are some possible causes for the condition.

Throttling

When it gets high temperature readings from the hardware, or low voltage readings from the battery of a MacBook, the kernel may try to compensate by interrupting the processor(s) to slow them down and reduce power consumption. This condition can be due to:

☞ a buildup of dust on the logic board

☞ high ambient temperature

☞ a worn-out or faulty battery in a portable

☞ the malfunction of a cooling fan, a temperature sensor, a voltage sensor, or some other internal component

Note that if the problem is caused by a sensor, there may be no actual overheating or undervoltage.

If the computer is portable, test with and without the AC adapter connected. If kernel_task hogs the processor only on AC power, charging is causing the machine to heat up. That behavior may be normal for some models. CPU usage should drop when charging is complete.

Apple Diagnostics or the Apple Hardware Test, though not very reliable, is sometimes able to detect a fault. For more thorough hardware testing, make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

If nothing is wrong with the hardware, then whatever you can do to improve cooling may help.

Installed software

User-installed software that includes a device driver or other kernel code may thrash the kernel. That category includes virtualization software, such as Parallels and VMware, as well as most commercial "anti-virus" products. Some system-monitoring applications, such as "iStat," can also contribute to the problem. You can test for this possibility by completely disabling or removing the software according to the developer's instructions, or starting in safe mode. Note, however, that disabling a system modification without removing it or testing in safe mode may not be as easy as you think.

Corrupt NVRAM or SMC data

Sometimes the problem is cleared up by resetting the NVRAM or the SMC.

External display

Connecting an external LCD display to some MacBook Pro models while the lid is open may cause this issue. If applicable, test by closing the lid or disconnecting the display. You might get better results with a newer LED display.

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2014 9:01 PM in response to EricPerrone

The kernel is using excessive processor cycles. Below are some possible causes for the condition.

Throttling

When it gets high temperature readings from the hardware, or low voltage readings from the battery of a MacBook, the kernel may try to compensate by interrupting the processor(s) to slow them down and reduce power consumption. This condition can be due to:

☞ a buildup of dust on the logic board

☞ high ambient temperature

☞ a worn-out or faulty battery in a portable

☞ the malfunction of a cooling fan, a temperature sensor, a voltage sensor, or some other internal component

Note that if the problem is caused by a sensor, there may be no actual overheating or undervoltage.

If the computer is portable, test with and without the AC adapter connected. If kernel_task hogs the processor only on AC power, charging is causing the machine to heat up. That behavior may be normal for some models. CPU usage should drop when charging is complete.

Apple Diagnostics or the Apple Hardware Test, though not very reliable, is sometimes able to detect a fault. For more thorough hardware testing, make a "Genius" appointment at an Apple Store, or go to another authorized service provider.

If nothing is wrong with the hardware, then whatever you can do to improve cooling may help.

Installed software

User-installed software that includes a device driver or other kernel code may thrash the kernel. That category includes virtualization software, such as Parallels and VMware, as well as most commercial "anti-virus" products. Some system-monitoring applications, such as "iStat," can also contribute to the problem. You can test for this possibility by completely disabling or removing the software according to the developer's instructions, or starting in safe mode. Note, however, that disabling a system modification without removing it or testing in safe mode may not be as easy as you think.

Corrupt NVRAM or SMC data

Sometimes the problem is cleared up by resetting the NVRAM or the SMC.

External display

Connecting an external LCD display to some MacBook Pro models while the lid is open may cause this issue. If applicable, test by closing the lid or disconnecting the display. You might get better results with a newer LED display.

Nov 3, 2014 4:56 AM in response to Linc Davis

Thank you so much for the information Linc...

So I am not having any luck but I thought I would record what I did here for the record...

1. The issue on the laptop happens both with and without power plugged in
  2. In safe mode the problem goes away.
  3. I found in a different article how to list 3rd party kernel extensions and it came up empty....
  4. I see a lot of threads out there about the kernel_task process running constantly, in this case the problem is not kernel_task but the kextd process. I am not sure if those are distinctly different
  5. I tried resetting the NVRAM and SMC but no luck
  6. Since it goes away under safe mode I assume it is some software issue so i will take it in to the Apple store to see what they can tell me.

Thanks so much for the help, if I get to the bottom of it I will post here any news.

Eric

Nov 3, 2014 7:04 AM in response to EricPerrone

1. This procedure is a diagnostic test. It changes nothing, for better or worse, and therefore will not, in itself, solve the problem. But with the aid of the test results, the solution may take a few minutes, instead of hours or days.

Don't be put off by the complexity of these instructions. The process is much less complicated than the description. You do harder tasks with the computer all the time.

2. If you don't already have a current backup, back up all data before doing anything else. The backup is necessary on general principle, not because of anything in the test procedure. Backup is always a must, and when you're having any kind of trouble with the computer, you may be at higher than usual risk of losing data, whether you follow these instructions or not.

There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional. Ask if you need guidance.

3. Below are instructions to run a UNIX shell script, a type of program. As I wrote above, it changes nothing. It doesn't send or receive any data on the network. All it does is to generate a human-readable report on the state of the computer. That report goes nowhere unless you choose to share it. If you prefer, you can act on it yourself without disclosing the contents to me or anyone else.

You should be wondering whether you can believe me, and whether it's safe to run a program at the behest of a stranger. In general, no, it's not safe and I don't encourage it.

In this case, however, there are a couple of ways for you to decide whether the program is safe without having to trust me. First, you can read it. Unlike an application that you download and click to run, it's transparent, so anyone with the necessary skill can verify what it does.

You may not be able to understand the script yourself. But variations of the script have been posted on this website thousands of times over a period of years. The site is hosted by Apple, which does not allow it to be used to distribute harmful software. Any one of the millions of registered users could have read the script and raised the alarm if it was harmful. Then I would not be here now and you would not be reading this message.

Nevertheless, if you can't satisfy yourself that these instructions are safe, don't follow them. Ask for other options.

4. Here's a summary of what you need to do, if you choose to proceed:

☞ Copy a line of text in this window to the Clipboard.

☞ Paste into the window of another application.

☞ Wait for the test to run. It usually takes a few minutes.

☞ Paste the results, which will have been copied automatically, back into a reply on this page.

The sequence is: copy, paste, wait, paste again. You don't need to copy a second time. Details follow.

5. You may have started the computer in "safe" mode. Preferably, these steps should be taken in “normal” mode, under the conditions in which the problem is reproduced. If the system is now in safe mode and works well enough in normal mode to run the test, restart as usual. If you can only test in safe mode, do that.

6. If you have more than one user, and the one affected by the problem is not an administrator, then please run the test twice: once while logged in as the affected user, and once as an administrator. The results may be different. The user that is created automatically on a new computer when you start it for the first time is an administrator. If you can't log in as an administrator, test as the affected user. Most personal Macs have only one user, and in that case this section doesn’t apply. Don't log in as root.

7. The script is a single long line, all of which must be selected. You can accomplish this easily by triple-clicking anywhere in the line. The whole line will highlight, though you may not see all of it in the browser window, and you can then copy it. If you try to select the line by dragging across the part you can see, you won't get all of it.

Triple-click anywhere in the line of text below on this page to select it:

PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/libexec;clear;cd;p=(Software Hardware Memory Diagnostics Power FireWire Thunderbolt USB Fonts SerialATA 4 1000 25 5120 KiB/s 1024 85 \\b%% 20480 1 MB/s 25000 ports ' com.clark.\* \*dropbox \*genieo\* \*GoogleDr\* \*k.AutoCAD\* \*k.Maya\* vidinst\* ' DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES\ DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH -86 "` route -n get default|awk '/e:/{print $2}' `" 25 N\\/A down up 102400 25600 recvfrom sendto CFBundleIdentifier 25 25 25 1000 MB ' com.adobe.AAM.Updater-1.0 com.adobe.CS4ServiceManager com.adobe.CS5ServiceManager com.adobe.fpsaud com.adobe.SwitchBoard com.apple.AirPortBaseStationAgent com.apple.installer.osmessagetracing com.apple.mrt.uiagent com.apple.SafariNotificationAgent com.apple.usbmuxd com.google.keystone.daemon com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper com.oracle.java.Helper-Tool com.oracle.java.JavaUpdateHelper ' ' 879294308 3627668074 1083382502 1274181950 1855907737 464843899 1233118628 2456546649 2636415542 842973933 891055588 998894468 695903914 1443423563 ' 51 5120 files );N5=${#p[@]};p[N5]=` networksetup -listnetworkserviceorder|awk ' NR>1 { sub(/^\([0-9]+\) /,"");n=$0;getline;} $NF=="'${p[26]}')" { sub(/.$/,"",$NF);print n;exit;} ' `;f=('\n%s: %s\n' '\n%s\n\n%s\n' '\nRAM details\n%s\n' %s\ %s '%s\n-\t%s\n' );S0() { echo ' { q=$NF+0;$NF="";u=$(NF-1);$(NF-1)="";gsub(/^ +| +$/,"");if(q>='${p[$1]}') printf("%s (UID %s) is using %s '${p[$2]}'",$0,u,q);} ';};s=(' s/[0-9A-Za-z._]+@[0-9A-Za-z.]+\.[0-9A-Za-z]{2,4}/EMAIL/g;/faceb/s/(at\.)[^.]+/\1NAME/g;/\/Shared/!s/(\/Users\/)[^ /]+/\1USER/g;s/[-0-9A-Fa-f]{22,}/UUID/g;' ' s/^ +//;/de: S|[nst]:/p;' ' {sub(/^ +/,"")};/er:/;/y:/&&$2<'${p[10]} ' 1s/://;3,6d;/[my].+:/d;s/^ {4}//;H;${ g;s/\n$//;/s: [^EO]|x([^08]|02[^F]|8[^0])/p;} ' ' 5h;6{ H;g;/P/!p;} ' ' ($1~/^Cy/&&$3>'${p[11]}')||($1~/^Cond/&&$2!~/^N/) ' ' /:$/{ N;/:.+:/d;s/ *://;b0'$'\n'' };/^ *(V.+ [0N]|Man).+ /{ s/ 0x.... //;s/[()]//g;s/(.+: )(.+)/ (\2)/;H;};$b0'$'\n'' d;:0'$'\n'' x;s/\n\n//;/Apple[ ,]|Genesy|Intel|SMSC/d;s/\n.*//;/\)$/p;' ' s/^.*C/C/;H;${ g;/No th|pms/!p;} ' '/= [^GO]/p' '{$1=""};1' ' /Of/!{ s/^.+is |\.//g;p;} ' ' $0&&!/ / { n++;print;} END { split("'"${p[41]}"'",b);for(i in b) print b[i];if(n<10) print "com.apple.";} ' ' $3~/[0-9]:[0-9]{2}$/ { gsub(/:[0-9:a-f]{14}/,"");} { print|"tail -n'${p[12]}'";} ' ' NR==2&&$4<='${p[13]}' { print $4;} ' ' END { $2/=256;if($2>='${p[15]}') print int($2) } ' ' NR!=13{next};{sub(/[+-]$/,"",$NF)};'"`S0 21 22`" 'NR!=2{next}'"`S0 37 17`" ' NR!=5||$8!~/[RW]/{next};{ $(NF-1)=$1;$NF=int($NF/10000000);for(i=1;i<=3;i++){$i="";$(NF-1-i)="";};};'"`S0 19 20`" 's:^:/:p' '/\.kext\/(Contents\/)?Info\.plist$/p' 's/^.{52}(.+) <.+/\1/p' ' /Launch[AD].+\.plist$/ { n++;print;} END { split("'"${p[41]}"'",b);for(i in b) print b[i]".plist";if(n<200) print "/System/";} ' '/\.xpc\/(Contents\/)?Info\.plist$/p' ' NR>1&&!/0x|\.[0-9]+$|com\.apple\.launchctl\.(Aqua|Background|System)$/ { print $3;} ' ' /\.(framew|lproj)|\):/d;/plist:|:.+(Mach|scrip)/s/:[^:]+//p ' '/^root$/p' ' !/\/Contents\/.+\/Contents|Applic|Autom|Frameworks/&&/Lib.+\/Info.plist$/ { n++;print;} END { if(n<1100) print "/System/";} ' '/^\/usr\/lib\/.+dylib$/p' ' /Temp|emac/{next};/(etc|Preferences|Launch[AD].+)\// { sub(".(/private)?","");n++;print;} END { split("'"${p[41]}"'",b);split("'"${p[42]}"'",c);for(i in b) print b[i]".plist\t"c[i];if(n<500) print "Launch";} ' ' /\/(Contents\/.+\/Contents|Frameworks)\/|\.wdgt\/.+\.([bw]|plu)/d;p;' 's/\/(Contents\/)?Info.plist$//;p' ' { gsub("^| |\n","\\|\\|kMDItem'${p[35]}'=");sub("^...."," ") };1 ' p '{print $3"\t"$1}' 's/\'$'\t''.+//p' 's/1/On/p' '/Prox.+: [^0]/p' '$2>'${p[43]}'{$2=$2-1;print}' ' BEGIN { i="'${p[26]}'";M1='${p[16]}';M2='${p[18]}';M3='${p[31]}';M4='${p[32]}';} !/^A/{next};/%/ { getline;if($5<M1) a="user "$2"%, system "$4"%";} /disk0/&&$4>M2 { b=$3" ops/s, "$4" blocks/s";} $2==i { if(c) { d=$3+$4+$5+$6;next;};if($4>M3||$6>M4) c=int($4/1024)" in, "int($6/1024)" out";} END { if(a) print "CPU: "a;if(b) print "I/O: "b;if(c) print "Net: "c" (KiB/s)";if(d) print "Net errors: "d" packets/s";} ' ' /r\[0\] /&&$NF!~/^1(0|72\.(1[6-9]|2[0-9]|3[0-1])|92\.168)\./ { print $NF;exit;} ' ' !/^T/ { printf "(static)";exit;} ' '/apsd|BKAg|OpenD/!s/:.+//p' ' (/k:/&&$3!~/(255\.){3}0/ )||(/v6:/&&$2!~/A/ ) ' ' $1~"lR"&&$2<='${p[25]}';$1~"li"&&$3!~"wpa2";' ' BEGIN { FS=":";p="uniq -c|sed -E '"'s/ +\\([0-9]+\\)\\(.+\\)/\\\2 x\\\1/;s/x1$//'"'";} { n=split($3,a,".");sub(/_2[01].+/,"",$3);print $2" "$3" "a[n]$1|p;b=b$1;} END { close(p);if(b) print("\n\t* Code injection");} ' ' NR!=4{next} {$NF/=10240} '"`S0 27 14`" ' END { if($3~/[0-9]/)print$3;} ' ' BEGIN { L='${p[36]}';} !/^[[:space:]]*(#.*)?$/ { l++;if(l<=L) f=f"\n "$0;} END { F=FILENAME;if(!F) exit;if(!f) f="\n [N/A]";"cksum "F|getline C;split(C, A);C="checksum "A[1];"file -b "F|getline T;if(T!~/^(AS.+ (En.+ )?text(, with v.+)?$|(Bo|PO).+ sh.+ text ex|XM)/) F=F" ("T", "C")";else F=F" ("C")";printf("\nContents of %s\n%s\n",F,f);if(l>L) printf("\n ...and %s more line(s)\n",l-L);} ' ' s/^ ?n...://p;s/^ ?p...:/-'$'\t''/p;' 's/0/Off/p' ' END{print NR} ' ' /id: N|te: Y/{i++} END{print i} ' ' / / { print "'"${p[28]}"'";exit;};1;' '/ en/!s/\.//p' ' NR!=13{next};{sub(/[+-M]$/,"",$NF)};'"`S0 39 40`" ' $10~/\(L/&&$9!~"localhost" { sub(/.+:/,"",$9);print $1": "$9;} ' '/^ +r/s/.+"(.+)".+/\1/p' 's/(.+\.wdgt)\/(Contents\/)?Info\.plist$/\1/p' 's/^.+\/(.+)\.wdgt$/\1/p' ' /l: /{ /DVD/d;s/.+: //;b0'$'\n'' };/s: /{ /V/d;s/^ */- /;H;};$b0'$'\n'' d;:0'$'\n'' x;/APPLE [^:]+$/d;p;' ' /^find: /d;p;' "`S0 44 45`" ' BEGIN{FS="= "} /Path/{print $2} ' ' /^ *$/d;s/^ */ /;' ' /:/d;/\./p;' '/\.appex\/Contents\/Info\.plist$/p' );c1=(system_profiler pmset\ -g nvram fdesetup find syslog df vm_stat sar ps sudo\ crontab sudo\ iotop top pkgutil 'PlistBuddy 2>&1 -c "Print' whoami cksum kextstat launchctl sudo\ launchctl crontab 'sudo defaults read' stat lsbom mdfind ' for i in ${p[24]};do ${c1[18]} ${c2[27]} $i;done;' defaults\ read scutil sudo\ dtrace sudo\ profiles sed\ -En awk /S*/*/P*/*/*/C*/*/airport networksetup mdutil sudo\ lsof test osascript\ -e );c2=(com.apple.loginwindow\ LoginHook '" /L*/P*/loginw*' "'tell app \"System Events\" to get properties of login items'|tr , \\\n" 'L*/Ca*/com.ap*.Saf*/E*/* -d 1 -name In*t -exec '"${c1[14]}"' :CFBundleDisplayName" {} \;|sort|uniq' '~ $TMPDIR.. \( -flags +sappnd,schg,uappnd,uchg -o ! -user $UID -o ! -perm -600 \)' '.??* -path .Trash -prune -o -type d -name *.app -print -prune' :${p[35]}\" :Label\" '{/,}L*/{Con,Pref}* -type f ! -size 0 -name *.plist -exec plutil -s {} \;' "-f'%N: %l' Desktop L*/Keyc*" therm sysload boot-args status " -F '\$Time \$Message' -k Sender kernel -k Message Req 'bad |Beac|caug|corru|dead[^bl]|FAIL|fail|GPU |hfs: Ru|inval|jnl:|last value [1-9]|n Cause: -|NVDA\(|pagin|proc: t|Roamed|rror|ssert|Thrott|tim(ed? ?|ing )o|WARN' -k Message Rne 'Goog|ksadm|SMC:|suhel| VALI|ver-r|xpma' -o -k Sender fseventsd -k Message Req 'SL' " '-du -n DEV -n EDEV 1 10' 'acrx -o comm,ruid,%cpu' '-t1 10 1' '-f -pfc /var/db/r*/com.apple.*.{BS,Bas,Es,J,OSXU,Rem,up}*.bom' '{/,}L*/Lo*/Diag* -type f -regex .\*[cght] ! -name .?\* ! -name \*ag \( -exec grep -lq "^Thread c" {} \; -exec printf \* \; -o -true \) -execdir stat -f:%Sc:%N -t%F {} \;|sort -t: -k2 |tail -n'${p[38]} '/S*/*/Ca*/*xpc* >&- ||echo No' '-L /{S*/,}L*/StartupItems -type f -exec file {} +' '-L /S*/L*/{C*/Sec*A,Ex}* {/,}L*/{A*d,Ca*/*/Ex,Co{mpon,reM},Ex,In{p,ter},iTu*/*P,Keyb,Mail/B,Pr*P,Qu*T,Scripti,Sec,Servi,Spo,Widg}* -path \\*s/Resources -prune -o -type f -name Info.plist' '/usr/lib -type f -name *.dylib' `awk "${s[31]}"<<<${p[23]}` "/e*/{auto,{cron,fs}tab,hosts,{[lp],sy}*.conf,mach_i*/*,pam.d/*,ssh{,d}_config,*.local} {,/usr/local}/etc/periodic/*/* /L*/P*{,/*}/com.a*.{Bo,sec*.ap}*t {/S*/,/,}L*/Lau*/*t .launchd.conf" list getenv /Library/Preferences/com.apple.alf\ globalstate --proxy '-n get default' -I --dns -getdnsservers\ "${p[N5]}" -getinfo\ "${p[N5]}" -P -m\ / '' -n1 '-R -l1 -n1 -o prt -stats command,uid,prt' '--regexp --only-files --files com.apple.pkg.*|sort|uniq' -kl -l -s\ / '-R -l1 -n1 -o mem -stats command,uid,mem' '+c0 -i4TCP:0-1023' com.apple.dashboard\ layer-gadgets '-d /L*/Mana*/$USER&&echo On' '-app Safari WebKitDNSPrefetchingEnabled' "+c0 -l|awk '{print(\$1,\$3)}'|sort|uniq -c|sort -n|tail -1|awk '{print(\$2,\$3,\$1)}'" 'L*/P*/com.ap*.p*.ext*.*.*t -exec '"${c1[14]}"' :displayOrder" {} \;' );N1=${#c2[@]};for j in {0..9};do c2[N1+j]=SP${p[j]}DataType;done;N2=${#c2[@]};for j in 0 1;do c2[N2+j]="-n ' syscall::'${p[33+j]}':return { @out[execname,uid]=sum(arg0) } tick-10sec { trunc(@out,1);exit(0);} '";done;l=(Restricted\ files Hidden\ apps 'Elapsed time (s)' POST Battery Safari\ extensions Bad\ plists 'High file counts' User Heat System\ load boot\ args FileVault Diagnostic\ reports Log 'Free space (MiB)' 'Swap (MiB)' Activity 'CPU per process' Login\ hook 'I/O per process' Mach\ ports kexts Daemons Agents XPC\ cache Startup\ items Admin\ access Root\ access Bundles dylibs Apps Font\ issues Inserted\ dylibs Firewall Proxies DNS TCP/IP Wi-Fi Profiles Root\ crontab User\ crontab 'Global login items' 'User login items' Spotlight Memory Listeners Widgets Parental\ Controls Prefetching SATA Descriptors appexes );N3=${#l[@]};for i in 0 1 2;do l[N3+i]=${p[5+i]};done;N4=${#l[@]};for j in 0 1;do l[N4+j]="Current ${p[29+j]}stream data";done;A0() { id -G|grep -qw 80;v[1]=$?;((v[1]==0))&&sudo true;v[2]=$?;v[3]=`date +%s`;clear >&-;date '+Start time: %T %D%n';};for i in 0 1;do eval ' A'$((1+i))'() { v=` eval "${c1[$1]} ${c2[$2]}"|'${c1[30+i]}' "${s[$3]}" `;[[ "$v" ]];};A'$((3+i))'() { v=` while read i;do [[ "$i" ]]&&eval "${c1[$1]} ${c2[$2]}" \"$i\"|'${c1[30+i]}' "${s[$3]}";done<<<"${v[$4]}" `;[[ "$v" ]];};A'$((5+i))'() { v=` while read i;do '${c1[30+i]}' "${s[$1]}" "$i";done<<<"${v[$2]}" `;[[ "$v" ]];};';done;A7(){ v=$((`date +%s`-v[3]));};B2(){ v[$1]="$v";};for i in 0 1;do eval ' B'$i'() { v=;((v['$((i+1))']==0))||{ v=No;false;};};B'$((3+i))'() { v[$2]=`'${c1[30+i]}' "${s[$3]}"<<<"${v[$1]}"`;} ';done;B5(){ v[$1]="${v[$1]}"$'\n'"${v[$2]}";};B6() { v=` paste -d: <(printf "${v[$1]}") <(printf "${v[$2]}")|awk -F: ' {printf("'"${f[$3]}"'",$1,$2)} ' `;};B7(){ v=`grep -Fv "${v[$1]}"<<<"$v"`;};C0() { [[ "$v" ]]&&sed -E "$s"<<<"$v";};C1() { [[ "$v" ]]&&printf "${f[$1]}" "${l[$2]}" "$v"|sed -E "$s";};C2() { v=`echo $v`;[[ "$v" != 0 ]]&&C1 0 $1;};C3() { v=`sed -E "${s[63]}"<<<"$v"`&&C1 1 $1;};for i in 1 2;do for j in 0 2 3;do eval D$i$j'(){ A'$i' $1 $2 $3; C'$j' $4;};';done;done;{ A0;D20 0 $((N1+1)) 2;D10 0 $N1 1;B0;C2 27;B0&&! B1&&C2 28;D12 15 37 25 8;A1 0 $((N1+2)) 3;C0;D13 0 $((N1+3)) 4 3;D23 0 $((N1+4)) 5 4;D13 0 $((N1+9)) 59 50;for i in 0 1 2;do D13 0 $((N1+5+i)) 6 $((N3+i));done;D13 1 10 7 9;D13 1 11 8 10;D22 2 12 9 11;D12 3 13 10 12;D23 4 19 44 13;D23 5 14 12 14;D22 6 36 13 15;D22 7 37 14 16;D23 8 15 38 17;D22 9 16 16 18;B1&&{ D22 35 49 61 51;D22 11 17 17 20;for i in 0 1;do D22 28 $((N2+i)) 45 $((N4+i));done;};D22 12 44 54 45;D22 12 39 15 21;A1 13 40 18;B2 4;B3 4 0 19;A3 14 6 32 0;B4 0 5 11;A1 17 41 20;B7 5;C3 22;B4 4 6 21;A3 14 7 32 6;B4 0 7 11;B3 4 0 22;A3 14 6 32 0;B4 0 8 11;B5 7 8;B1&&{ A2 19 26 23;B7 7;C3 23;};A2 18 26 23;B7 7;C3 24;D13 4 21 24 26;B4 4 12 26;B3 4 13 27;A1 4 22 29;B7 12;B2 14;A4 14 6 52 14;B2 15;B6 14 15 4;B3 0 0 30;C3 29;A1 4 23 27;B7 13;C3 30;B3 4 0 65;A3 14 6 32 0;B4 0 16 11;A1 4 50 64;B7 16;C3 52;D13 24 24 32 31;D13 25 37 32 33;A2 23 18 28;B2 16;A2 16 25 33;B7 16;B3 0 0 34;B2 21;A6 47 21&&C0;B1&&{ D13 21 0 32 19;D13 10 42 32 40;D22 29 35 46 39;};D23 14 1 62 42;D12 34 43 53 44;D12 22 20 32 25;D22 0 $((N1+8)) 51 32;D13 4 8 41 6;D12 26 28 35 34;D13 27 29 36 35;A2 27 32 39&&{ B2 19;A2 33 33 40;B2 20;B6 19 20 3;};C2 36;D23 33 34 42 37;B1&&D23 35 45 55 46;D23 32 31 43 38;D12 36 47 32 48;D13 20 42 32 41;D13 37 2 48 43;D13 4 5 32 1;D13 4 3 60 5;D12 26 48 49 49;B3 4 22 57;A1 26 46 56;B7 22;B3 0 0 58;C3 47;D22 4 4 50 0;D23 22 9 37 7;A7;C2 2;} 2>/dev/null|pbcopy;exit 2>&-

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C.

8. Launch the built-in Terminal application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Terminal in the icon grid.

Click anywhere in the Terminal window and paste by pressing command-V. The text you pasted should vanish immediately. If it doesn't, press the return key.

9. If you see an error message in the Terminal window such as "Syntax error" or "Event not found," enter

exec bash

and press return. Then paste the script again.

10. If you're logged in as an administrator, you'll be prompted for your login password. Nothing will be displayed when you type it. You will not see the usual dots in place of typed characters. Make sure caps lock is off. Type carefully and then press return. You may get a one-time warning to be careful. If you make three failed attempts to enter the password, the test will run anyway, but it will produce less information. In most cases, the difference is not important. If you don't know the password, or if you prefer not to enter it, press the key combination control-C or just press return three times at the password prompt. Again, the script will still run.

If you're not logged in as an administrator, you won't be prompted for a password. The test will still run. It just won't do anything that requires administrator privileges.

11. The test may take a few minutes to run, depending on how many files you have and the speed of the computer. A computer that's abnormally slow may take longer to run the test. While it's running, there will be nothing in the Terminal window and no indication of progress. Wait for the line

[Process completed]

to appear. If you don't see it within half an hour or so, the test probably won't complete in a reasonable time. In that case, close the Terminal window and report what happened. No harm will be done.

12. When the test is complete, quit Terminal. The results will have been copied to the Clipboard automatically. They are not shown in the Terminal window. Please don't copy anything from there. All you have to do is start a reply to this comment and then paste by pressing command-V again.

At the top of the results, there will be a line that begins with the words "Start time." If you don't see that, but instead see a mass of gibberish, you didn't wait for the "Process completed" message to appear in the Terminal window. Please wait for it and try again.

If any private information, such as your name or email address, appears in the results, anonymize it before posting. Usually that won't be necessary.

13. When you post the results, you might see an error message on the web page: "You have included content in your post that is not permitted," or "You are not authorized to post." That's a bug in the forum software. Please post the test results on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.

14. This is a public forum, and others may give you advice based on the results of the test. They speak only for themselves, and I don't necessarily agree with them.

Copyright © 2014 by Linc Davis. As the sole author of this work, I reserve all rights to it except as provided in the Use Agreement for the Apple Support Communities website ("ASC"). Readers of ASC may copy it for their own personal use. Neither the whole nor any part may be redistributed.

Nov 3, 2014 7:36 AM in response to Linc Davis

Ok so here is the output from a regular user. BTW as far as I can tell all users have the same problem. But I have not tried logging in as administrator, I'll do that next.

Thanks!

Start time: 10:23:34 11/03/14

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,3

System Version: OS X 10.10 (14A389)

Kernel Version: Darwin 14.0.0

Time since boot: 2:46

Admin access: No

Memory

BANK 0/DIMM0:

Size: 4 GB

Speed: 1067 MHz

Manufacturer: 0x859B

BANK 1/DIMM0:

SATA

ST9500420ASG

Diagnostic reports

2014-11-01 Quicken 2015 crash

Activity

CPU: user 30%, system 7%

Agents

com.nds.pcshow.uninstall

com.nds.pcshow

com.apple.AddressBook.ScheduledSync.PHXCardDAVSource.UUID

com.adobe.ARM.UUID

com.google.keystone.system.agent

com.apple.photostream-agent

com.cisco.anyconnect.gui

com.apple.CSConfigDotMacCert-EMAIL-SharedServices

com.oracle.java.Java-Updater

com.newwellnesssolutions.DLconnectMonitor

com.citrixonline.GoToMeeting.G2MUpdate

Bundles

/System/Library/Extensions/Belcarra.USBLAN_netpart.kext

- com.Belcarra.iokit.USBLAN_netpart

/System/Library/Extensions/Belcarra.USBLAN_usbpart.kext

- com.Belcarra.iokit.USBLAN_usbpart

/System/Library/Extensions/DLconnect.kext

- com.philips.iokit.DLconnect

/System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext

- com.jmicron.JMicronATA

/System/Library/Extensions/RemoteControl.USBLAN_usbpart.kext

- com.RemoteControl.USBLAN.usbpart

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/AdobePDFViewer.plugin

- com.adobe.acrobat.pdfviewer

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/AdobePDFViewerNPAPI.plugin

- com.adobe.acrobat.pdfviewerNPAPI

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin

- N/A

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Google Earth Web Plug-in.plugin

- com.Google.GoogleEarthPlugin.plugin

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/googletalkbrowserplugin.plugin

- com.google.googletalkbrowserplugin

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin

- com.oracle.java.JavaAppletPlugin

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/o1dbrowserplugin.plugin

- com.google.o1dbrowserplugin

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/SharePointBrowserPlugin.plugin

- com.microsoft.sharepoint.browserplugin

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/SharePointWebKitPlugin.webplugin

- com.microsoft.sharepoint.webkitplugin

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Silverlight.plugin

- com.microsoft.SilverlightPlugin

/Library/PreferencePanes/Flash Player.prefPane

- com.adobe.flashplayerpreferences

/Library/PreferencePanes/JavaControlPanel.prefPane

- com.oracle.java.JavaControlPanel

/Library/Services/SymbolicLinker.service

- net.comcast.home.seiryu.SymbolicLinker

/Library/Widgets/CI Filter Browser.wdgt

- com.apple.CIFilterBrowser

Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/SkypeABDialer.bundle

- com.skype.skypeabdialer

Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/SkypeABSMS.bundle

- com.skype.skypeabsms

Library/Internet Plug-Ins/CitrixOnlineWebDeploymentPlugin.plugin

- com.citrixonline.mac.WebDeploymentPlugin

Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ClickToFlash.webplugin

- com.github.rentzsch.clicktoflash

Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Picasa.plugin

- com.google.PicasaPlugin

Library/Internet Plug-Ins/PlayerPlugin.bundle

- com.nds.pcshow.player

Library/Widgets/Time Machine Buddy.wdgt

- com.bluedog.tmwidget.TimeMachine

Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.cisco.anyconnect.gui.plist (checksum 1087717482)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<dict>

<key>PathState</key>

<dict>

<key>/opt/cisco/anyconnect/gui_keepalive</key>

<true/>

</dict>

</dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.cisco.anyconnect.gui</string>

<key>LimitLoadToSessionType</key>

<string>Aqua</string>

<key>ProgramArguments</key>

<array>

<string>open</string>

<string>--wait-apps</string>

<string>/Applications/Cisco/Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.app</string>

</array>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.google.keystone.agent.plist (checksum 3301885676)

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.google.keystone.system.agent</string>

<string>Aqua</string>

<array>

<string>/Library/Google/GoogleSoftwareUpdate/GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bundle/Conten ts/Resources/GoogleSoftwareUpdateAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/GoogleSoftwareUpdateAg ent</string>

<string>-runMode</string>

<string>ifneeded</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>StartInterval</key>

<integer>3523</integer>

<key>StandardErrorPath</key>

<string>/dev/null</string>

<key>StandardOutPath</key>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.newwellnesssolutions.DLconnectMonitor.plist (checksum 3286075685)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.newwellnesssolutions.DLconnectMonitor</string>

<array>

<string>/Library/Application Support/DirectLife/DLconnectMonitor</string>

</array>

<key>ServiceIPC</key>

<false/>

<key>OnDemand</key>

<false/>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.oracle.java.Java-Updater.plist (checksum 2702377370)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.oracle.java.Java-Updater</string>

<array>

<string>/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Resources/Java Updater.app/Contents/MacOS/Java Updater</string>

<string>-bgcheck</string>

</array>

<key>StartCalendarInterval</key>

<dict>

<key>Hour</key>

<integer>21</integer>

<key>Minute</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>Weekday</key>

<integer>6</integer>

</dict>

</dict>

...and 1 more line(s)

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cisco.anyconnect.ciscod.plist (checksum 3285045201)

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC -//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN

http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd >

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.cisco.anyconnect.ciscod</string>

<array>

<string>/opt/cisco/hostscan/bin/ciscod</string>

<string>-d</string>

</array>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<true/>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>AbandonProcessGroup</key>

<true/>

<key>EnableTransactions</key>

<false/>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cisco.anyconnect.vpnagentd.plist (checksum 2630047092)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.cisco.anyconnect.vpnagentd</string>

<array>

<string>/opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpnagentd</string>

<string>-execv_instance</string>

</array>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<true/>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<true/>

<false/>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.edb.launchd.postgresql-9.3.plist (checksum 2397503050)

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"

"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.edb.launchd.postgresql-9.3</string>

<array>

<string>/Library/PostgreSQL/9.3/bin/postmaster</string>

<string>-D/Library/PostgreSQL/9.3/data</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>UserName</key>

<string>postgres</string>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<dict>

<key>SuccessfulExit</key>

<false/>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.logmein.join.me.update-helper.plist (checksum 971402405)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<false/>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.logmein.join.me.update-helper</string>

<key>OnDemand</key>

<true/>

<array>

<string>/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.logmein.join.me.update-helper</strin g>

</array>

<key>ServiceIPC</key>

<true/>

<key>Sockets</key>

<dict>

<key>ControlSocket</key>

<dict>

<key>SockFamily</key>

<string>Unix</string>

<key>SockPathMode</key>

<integer>438</integer>

<key>SockPathName</key>

...and 7 more line(s)

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.oracle.java.JavaUpdateHelper.plist (checksum 4136085286)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.oracle.java.JavaUpdateHelper</string>

<key>MachServices</key>

<dict>

<key>com.oracle.java.JavaUpdateHelper</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>Program</key>

<string>/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.oracle.java.JavaUpdateHelper</string >

<array>

<string>/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.oracle.java.JavaUpdateHelper</string >

</array>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.ARM.UUID.plist (checksum 408149527)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.adobe.ARM.UUID</string>

<array>

<string>/Applications/Adobe Reader.app/Contents/MacOS/Updater/Adobe Reader Updater Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Reader Updater Helper</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>StartInterval</key>

<integer>12600</integer>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.AddressBook.ScheduledSync.PHXCardDAVSource.UUID. plist (checksum 3040799685)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.apple.AddressBook.ScheduledSync.PHXCardDAVSource.UUID</string>

<array>

<string>/System/Library/Frameworks/AddressBook.framework/Resources/AddressBookS ourceSyncScheduleHelper</string>

<string>-scheduleSync</string>

<string>UUID</string>

</array>

<key>StartInterval</key>

<integer>120000</integer>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of Library/LaunchAgents/com.apple.CSConfigDotMacCert-EMAIL-SharedServices.Agent.pl ist (checksum 800731145)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<false/>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.apple.CSConfigDotMacCert-EMAIL-SharedServices</string>

<string>Aqua</string>

<key>LowPriorityIO</key>

<true/>

<key>Nice</key>

<integer>10</integer>

<array>

<string>/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/OSServices .framework/Versions/A/Support/CSConfigDotMacCert</string>

<string>-l</string>

<string>/Users/USER/Library/Logs/CSConfigDotMacCert.log</string>

<string>-u</string>

<string>EMAIL</string>

<string>-t</string>

<string>SharedServices</string>

<string>-s</string>

</array>

...and 4 more line(s)

Contents of Library/LaunchAgents/com.citrixonline.GoToMeeting.G2MUpdate.plist (checksum 2051385900)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.citrixonline.GoToMeeting.G2MUpdate</string>

<array>

<string>~/Library/Application Support/CitrixOnline/GoToMeeting/G2MUpdate</string>

</array>

<key>EnableGlobbing</key>

<true/>

<key>StartInterval</key>

<integer>3660</integer>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of Library/LaunchAgents/com.nds.pcshow.plist (checksum 715407001)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.nds.pcshow</string>

<key>OnDemand</key>

<false/>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<string>Aqua</string>

<array>

<string>sh</string>

<string>-c</string>

<string>$HOME/Library/NDSPCShowServer/NDSPCShowServer.bundle/Contents/Resources /launch.sh</string>

</array>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of Library/LaunchAgents/com.nds.pcshow.uninstall.plist (checksum 2481764929)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.nds.pcshow.uninstall</string>

<string>Aqua</string>

<key>WatchPaths</key>

<array>

<string>/Users/USER/Library/NDSPCShowServer</string>

<string>/Users/USER/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/PlayerPlugin.bundle</string>

</array>

<array>

<string>sh</string>

<string>-c</string>

<string>/tmp/vgconnect/condUninstall.sh</string>

</array>

</dict>

</plist>

User login items

iTunesHelper

- missing value

VMware Fusion Helper

- missing value

Google Drive

- missing value

AdobeResourceSynchronizer

- /Applications/Adobe Reader.app/Contents/Support/AdobeResourceSynchronizer.app

Restricted files: 2717

Elapsed time (s): 424

Nov 3, 2014 7:51 AM in response to EricPerrone

Okso here is the same information from the administrator user...

Start time: 10:41:37 11/03/14

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,3

System Version: OS X 10.10 (14A389)

Time since boot: 3:05

Memory

BANK 0/DIMM0:

BANK 1/DIMM0:

SATA

ST9500420ASG

Diagnostic reports

2014-10-19 FindSystemFiles crash

2014-10-25 Safari hang

2014-10-25 System Preferences hang x2

2014-10-26 FindSystemFiles crash

2014-10-26 com.apple.WebKit.WebContent hang

2014-10-31 System Preferences hang

2014-11-02 webfilterproxyd crash

Log

Nov 2 19:16:07 AFP_VFS afpfs_DoReconnect: Max reconnect time: 30 secs, Connect timeout: 15 secs for /Volumes/Data

Nov 2 19:16:07 ASP_TCP asp_SetTCPQoS: sock_settclassopt got error 57

Nov 2 19:16:33 wl0: Roamed or switched channel, reason #8, bssid f8

Nov 2 19:46:30 process webfilterDNSd[4578] caught causing excessive wakeups. EXC_RESOURCE supressed due to audio playback

Nov 2 23:11:01 wl0: Roamed or switched channel, reason #8, bssid f8

Nov 3 07:17:50 wl0: Roamed or switched channel, reason #8, bssid f8

Nov 3 07:22:15 SIOCPROTODETACH_IN6: utun0 error=6

Nov 3 07:22:35 utun_start: ifnet_disable_output returned error 12

Nov 3 07:22:42 wl0: Roamed or switched channel, reason #8, bssid f8

Nov 3 07:25:17 process WindowServer[142] caught causing excessive wakeups. EXC_RESOURCE supressed due to audio playback

Nov 3 07:28:52 SIOCPROTODETACH_IN6: utun0 error=6

Nov 3 07:29:09 utun_start: ifnet_disable_output returned error 12

Nov 3 07:29:15 wl0: Roamed or switched channel, reason #8, bssid f8

Nov 3 07:33:18 SIOCPROTODETACH_IN6: utun0 error=6

Nov 3 07:33:38 utun_start: ifnet_disable_output returned error 12

Nov 3 07:33:45 wl0: Roamed or switched channel, reason #8, bssid f8

Nov 3 07:36:15 SIOCPROTODETACH_IN6: utun0 error=6

Nov 3 07:36:27 utun_start: ifnet_disable_output returned error 12

Nov 3 07:36:39 wl0: Roamed or switched channel, reason #8, bssid f8

Nov 3 07:37:53 SIOCPROTODETACH_IN6: utun0 error=6

Nov 3 07:38:06 utun_start: ifnet_disable_output returned error 12

Nov 3 07:38:16 wl0: Roamed or switched channel, reason #8, bssid f8

Nov 3 07:41:24 process WindowServer[153] caught causing excessive wakeups. EXC_RESOURCE supressed due to audio playback

Nov 3 08:37:35 PM notification timeout (pid 373, PCShowServerPMWr)

Nov 3 10:21:24 wl0: Roamed or switched channel, reason #8, bssid f0

Activity

CPU: user 33%, system 13%

Net: 183 in, 5 out (KiB/s)

CPU per process: kextd (UID 0) is using 74.6 %

Daemons

com.cisco.anyconnect.vpnagentd

com.cisco.anyconnect.ciscod

com.logmein.join.me.update-helper

Agents

com.google.keystone.system.agent

com.cisco.anyconnect.gui

com.newwellnesssolutions.DLconnectMonitor

Bundles

/System/Library/Extensions/Belcarra.USBLAN_netpart.kext

- com.Belcarra.iokit.USBLAN_netpart

/System/Library/Extensions/Belcarra.USBLAN_usbpart.kext

- com.Belcarra.iokit.USBLAN_usbpart

/System/Library/Extensions/DLconnect.kext

- com.philips.iokit.DLconnect

- com.jmicron.JMicronATA

/System/Library/Extensions/RemoteControl.USBLAN_usbpart.kext

- com.RemoteControl.USBLAN.usbpart

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/AdobePDFViewerNPAPI.plugin

- com.adobe.acrobat.pdfviewerNPAPI

- N/A

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/o1dbrowserplugin.plugin

- com.google.o1dbrowserplugin

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/SharePointBrowserPlugin.plugin

- com.microsoft.sharepoint.browserplugin

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/SharePointWebKitPlugin.webplugin

- com.microsoft.sharepoint.webkitplugin

/Library/Services/SymbolicLinker.service

- net.comcast.home.seiryu.SymbolicLinker

/Library/Widgets/CI Filter Browser.wdgt

- com.apple.CIFilterBrowser

Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/SkypeABDialer.bundle

Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/SkypeABSMS.bundle

- com.skype.skypeabsms

Library/Widgets/Time Machine Buddy.wdgt

- com.bluedog.tmwidget.TimeMachine

Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.cisco.anyconnect.gui.plist (checksum 1087717482)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<dict>

<key>PathState</key>

<dict>

<key>/opt/cisco/anyconnect/gui_keepalive</key>

<true/>

</dict>

</dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.cisco.anyconnect.gui</string>

<string>Aqua</string>

<array>

<string>open</string>

<string>--wait-apps</string>

<string>/Applications/Cisco/Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.app</string>

</array>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.google.keystone.agent.plist (checksum 3301885676)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.google.keystone.system.agent</string>

<string>Aqua</string>

<array>

<string>/Library/Google/GoogleSoftwareUpdate/GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bundle/Conten ts/Resources/GoogleSoftwareUpdateAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/GoogleSoftwareUpdateAg ent</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>StartInterval</key>

<integer>3523</integer>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.newwellnesssolutions.DLconnectMonitor.plist (checksum 3286075685)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.newwellnesssolutions.DLconnectMonitor</string>

<array>

<string>/Library/Application Support/DirectLife/DLconnectMonitor</string>

</array>

<key>ServiceIPC</key>

<false/>

<key>OnDemand</key>

<false/>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.oracle.java.Java-Updater.plist (checksum 2702377370)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<array>

<string>/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Resources/Java Updater.app/Contents/MacOS/Java Updater</string>

</array>

<dict>

<key>Hour</key>

<integer>21</integer>

<key>Minute</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>Weekday</key>

<integer>6</integer>

</dict>

</dict>

...and 1 more line(s)

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cisco.anyconnect.ciscod.plist (checksum 3285045201)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.cisco.anyconnect.ciscod</string>

<array>

<string>/opt/cisco/hostscan/bin/ciscod</string>

<string>-d</string>

</array>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<true/>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<true/>

<false/>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.cisco.anyconnect.vpnagentd.plist (checksum 2630047092)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.cisco.anyconnect.vpnagentd</string>

<array>

<string>/opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpnagentd</string>

<string>-execv_instance</string>

</array>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<true/>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<true/>

<false/>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.edb.launchd.postgresql-9.3.plist (checksum 2397503050)

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"

"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.edb.launchd.postgresql-9.3</string>

<array>

<string>/Library/PostgreSQL/9.3/bin/postmaster</string>

<string>-D/Library/PostgreSQL/9.3/data</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>UserName</key>

<string>postgres</string>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<dict>

<false/>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.logmein.join.me.update-helper.plist (checksum 971402405)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<false/>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.logmein.join.me.update-helper</string>

<key>OnDemand</key>

<true/>

<array>

<string>/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.logmein.join.me.update-helper</strin g>

</array>

<key>ServiceIPC</key>

<true/>

<key>Sockets</key>

<dict>

<key>ControlSocket</key>

<dict>

<key>SockFamily</key>

<string>Unix</string>

<key>SockPathMode</key>

<integer>438</integer>

<key>SockPathName</key>

...and 7 more line(s)

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.oracle.java.JavaUpdateHelper.plist (checksum 4136085286)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<key>MachServices</key>

<dict>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>Program</key>

<array>

</array>

</dict>

</plist>

Listeners

launchd: afpovertcp

launchd: microsoft-ds

launchd: microsoft-ds

kdc: kerberos

Widgets

Time Machine Buddy

Restricted files: 53

Elapsed time (s): 450

Nov 3, 2014 11:42 AM in response to EricPerrone

Remove "AnyConnect" and see whether there's an improvement. Use the built-in Cisco VPN client instead.

Any third-party software that doesn't install by drag-and-drop into the Applications folder, and uninstall by drag-and-drop to the Trash, is a system modification.

Whenever you remove system modifications, they must be removed completely, and the only way to do that is to use the uninstallation tool, if any, provided by the developers, or to follow their instructions. If the software has been incompletely removed, you may have to re-download or even reinstall it in order to finish the job.

I never install system modifications myself, and except as stated in this comment, I don't know how to uninstall them. You'll have to do your own research to find that information.

Here are some general guidelines to get you started. Suppose you want to remove something called “BrickMyMac” (a hypothetical example.) First, consult the product's Help menu, if there is one, for instructions. Finding none there, look on the developer's website, say www.brickmymac.com. (That may not be the actual name of the site; if necessary, search the Web for the product name.) If you don’t find anything on the website or in your search, contact the developer. While you're waiting for a response, download BrickMyMac.dmg and open it. There may be an application in there such as “Uninstall BrickMyMac.” If not, open “BrickMyMac.pkg” and look for an Uninstall button. The uninstaller might also be accessed by clicking the Customize button, if there is one.

Back up all data before making any changes.

You will generally have to restart the computer in order to complete an uninstallation. Until you do that, there may be no effect, or unpredictable effects.

If you can’t remove software in any other way, you’ll have to erase and install OS X. Never install any third-party software unless you're sure you know how to uninstall it; otherwise you may create problems that are very hard to solve.

Trying to remove complex system modifications by hunting for files by name often will not work and may make the problem worse. The same goes for "utilities" such as "AppCleaner" and the like that purport to remove software.

Nov 3, 2014 3:37 PM in response to Linc Davis

Success!!!!! It was the AnyConnect client. I uninstalled it and the problem went away. Did not even have to restart.

Turns out there is a newer version of the AnyConnect client out there for Yosemite. I have not installed it as I do not really need it on this computer but if I do I'll be sure to make sure it is compatible.

Linc thanks so much I appreciate your assistance.

Eric

Jan 24, 2015 12:07 PM in response to Linc Davis

Start time: 13:51:06 01/24/15

Model Identifier: iMac9,1

System Version: OS X 10.10.1 (14B25)

Time since boot: 2:26

SATA

WDC WD6400AAKS-40H2B0

Diagnostic reports

2015-01-13 SophosAVAgent crash

2015-01-20 firefox hang

Log

Jan 24 11:13:10 Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (error 0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Kext com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireIP failed to load (0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Failed to load kext com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireIP (error 0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Kext com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothUSBDFU failed to load (0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Failed to load kext com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothUSBDFU (error 0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHV failed to load (0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHV (error 0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHWAccess failed to load (0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHWAccess (error 0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Kext com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothSerialManager failed to load (0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Failed to load kext com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothSerialManager (error 0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Kext com.apple.iokit.IOUserEthernet failed to load (0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Failed to load kext com.apple.iokit.IOUserEthernet (error 0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Kext com.Cycling74.driver.Soundflower failed to load (0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Failed to load kext com.Cycling74.driver.Soundflower (error 0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Kext net.telestream.driver.TelestreamAudio failed to load (0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Failed to load kext net.telestream.driver.TelestreamAudio (error 0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Kext com.sophos.nke.swi failed to load (0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Failed to load kext com.sophos.nke.swi (error 0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Kext com.apple.driver.AppleOSXWatchdog failed to load (0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:10 Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleOSXWatchdog (error 0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:12 Kext com.apple.driver.AppleTyMCEDriver failed to load (0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:13:12 Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleTyMCEDriver (error 0xdc008012).

Jan 24 11:43:47 process WindowServer[143] caught causing excessive wakeups. Observed wakeups rate (per sec): 235; Maximum permitted wakeups rate (per sec): 150; Observation period: 300 seconds; Task lifetime number of wakeups: 86429

Jan 24 12:47:19 process PluginProcess[3237] caught causing excessive wakeups. Observed wakeups rate (per sec): 359; Maximum permitted wakeups rate (per sec): 150; Observation period: 300 seconds; Task lifetime number of wakeups: 45270

kexts

com.Cycling74.driver.Soundflower (1.5.1)

net.telestream.driver.TelestreamAudio (1.0.3)

com.sophos.nke.swi (9.2.50)

com.sophos.kext.sav (9.2.50)

Daemons

com.sophos.webd

com.intego.VirusBarrier.bm_injector_32

com.sophos.scan

com.intego.task.manager.daemon

com.intego.commonservices.icalserver

com.sophos.intercheck

com.sophos.common.servicemanager

com.sophos.autoupdate

com.intego.commonservices.metrics.kschecker

com.apple.aelwriter

com.intego.VirusBarrier.bm_controller

com.sophos.sxld

com.intego.VirusBarrier.bm_injector_64

com.intego.VirusBarrierX6.realtime.daemon

com.sophos.notification

com.intego.VirusBarrierX6.daemon

com.intego.VirusBarrierX6.scanner.daemon

com.sophos.configuration

com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2.Agent

com.intego.washingmachine.daemon

com.intego.commonservices.daemon

Agents

com.intego.VirusBarrierX6.alert

com.adobe.ARM.UUID

com.intego.commonservices.statusitem

com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2Helper.diskSpaceWatcher

com.citrix.ServiceRecords

com.sophos.uiserver

com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2Helper.trashWatcher

com.citrix.ReceiverHelper

com.citrix.AuthManager_Mac

com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2Helper.scheduledScan

com.Logitech.Control

com.adobe.ARM.UUID

com.adobe.ARM.UUID

com.intego.task.manager.notifier

com.google.keystone.user.agent

Startup items

/Library/StartupItems/ArcanaStartupSound/ArcanaStartupSound

/Library/StartupItems/ArcanaStartupSound/Resources/ArcanaPRAM.kext/Contents/Inf o.plist

/Library/StartupItems/ArcanaStartupSound/Resources/ArcanaPRAM.kext/Contents/Mac OS/ArcanaPRAM

/Library/StartupItems/ArcanaStartupSound/Resources/bootbeep

/Library/StartupItems/ArcanaStartupSound/StartupParameters.plist

/Library/StartupItems/Jaksta/Jaksta

/Library/StartupItems/Jaksta/StartupParameters.plist

Bundles

- com.jmicron.JMicronATA

/System/Library/Extensions/LogitechHIDDevices.kext

- N/A

/System/Library/Extensions/LogitechUnifying.kext

- N/A

/System/Library/Extensions/RoxioBluRaySupport.kext

- com.roxio.BluRaySupport

/System/Library/Extensions/Soundflower.kext

- com.Cycling74.driver.Soundflower

/System/Library/Extensions/TelestreamAudio.kext

- net.telestream.driver.TelestreamAudio

/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/SkypeABDialer.bundle

/Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/SkypeABSMS.bundle

- com.skype.skypeabsms

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/A52Codec.component

- com.shepmater.A52Codec

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Flip4Mac WMA Import.component

- net.telestream.wmv.import

/Library/Extensions/SophosNetworkInterceptor.kext

- com.sophos.nke.swi

/Library/Extensions/SophosOnAccessInterceptor.kext

- com.sophos.kext.sav

/Library/InputManagers/LCC Scroll Enhancer Loader/LCC Scroll Enhancer Loader.bundle

- N/A

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin101750.plugin

- N/A

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/CitrixICAClientPlugIn.plugin

- com.citrix.citrixicaclientplugIn

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/DirectorShockwave.plugin

- com.adobe.shockwave.pluginshim

- N/A

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flip4Mac WMV Plugin.plugin

- net.telestream.wmv.plugin

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/npgtpo3dautoplugin.plugin

- com.google.o3d

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/OfficeLiveBrowserPlugin.plugin

- com.microsoft.officelive.browserplugin

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/RealPlayer Plugin.plugin

- com.RealNetworks.RealPlayerPlugin

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Unity Web Player.plugin

- com.unity.UnityWebPlayer

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/WidevineMediaOptimizer.plugin

- N/A

/Library/PreferencePanes/ArcanaStartupSound.prefPane

- arcana.preference.StartupSound

/Library/PreferencePanes/Flip4Mac WMV.prefPane

- net.telestream.wmv.prefpane

/Library/PreferencePanes/Logitech Control Center.prefPane

- N/A

/Library/PreferencePanes/Perian.prefPane

- org.perian.PerianPane

/Library/QuickTime/AC3MovieImport.component

- com.cod3r.ac3movieimport

/Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component

- com.DivXInc.DivXDecoder

/Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component/Contents/Resources

- com.DivXInc.DivXDecoder

/Library/QuickTime/Flip4Mac WMV Advanced.component

- net.telestream.wmv.advanced

/Library/QuickTime/Flip4Mac WMV Export.component

- net.telestream.wmv.export

/Library/QuickTime/Flip4Mac WMV Import.component

- net.telestream.wmv.import

/Library/QuickTime/Google Camera Adapter 0.component

- com.google.talk.camera

/Library/QuickTime/Google Camera Adapter 1.component

- com.google.talk.camera

/Library/QuickTime/Perian.component

- org.perian.Perian

/Library/ScriptingAdditions/LCC Scroll Enhancer Loader.osax

- N/A

/Library/Services/VirusBarrier X6 Service.service

- com.intego.VirusBarrier_X6_Service

/Library/Widgets/Intego Status.wdgt

- com.intego.widget

/Library/Widgets/VirusBarrier Monitor.wdgt

- com.intego.widget.virusbarrier.monitor

Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Extensions/AdBlock-2.safariextension

- com.betafish.adblockforsafari

Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Extensions/Awesome Screenshot.safariextension

- com.diigo.safari.awesomeScreenshot

Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Extensions/Close All Tabs.safariextension

- nl.sodeso.safari.closeAllTabs

Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Extensions/Ebay Shopping Assistant.safariextension

- com.spigot.safari.ebayshopassist

Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Extensions/Reload Button-1.safariextension

- org.siracusafamily.reloadbutton

Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Extensions/Searchme.safariextension

- com.spigot.safari.searchme

Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Extensions/SlickSavings.safariextension

- com.spigot.safari.slicksavings

Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/TuneUp/TuneUp Visualizer.bundle

- N/A

Library/PreferencePanes/iStat Menus.prefPane

- com.bjango.istatmenus

Library/Services/MacHiderService.service

- com.macpaw.MacHiderService

Library/Services/ToastIt.service

- com.roxio.ToastItService

Library/Widgets/3-2-1.wdgt

- com.baldgeeks.widget.3-2-1

Library/Widgets/Address Book.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.addressbook

Library/Widgets/AppleCare 1.5.1 Beta.wdgt

- com.jackintheboxsoftware.widget.AppleCare

Library/Widgets/AquariumCalculator.wdgt

- com.lonnex.widget.AquariumCalculator

Library/Widgets/BMI Calculator.wdgt

- N/A

Library/Widgets/Business.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.phonebook

Library/Widgets/Calculator.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.calculator

Library/Widgets/Clockish.wdgt

- com.tacowidgets.clockish

Library/Widgets/DashflixMini.wdgt

- net.skia.widget.DashflixMini

Library/Widgets/Dictionary.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.dictionary

Library/Widgets/Entrez.wdgt

- com.aborygen.widget.entrez

Library/Widgets/ESPN.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.espn

Library/Widgets/Flight Tracker.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.flighttracker

Library/Widgets/Galacticaa.wdgt

- net.galacticaa.widget

Library/Widgets/GBIFSpeciesDistribution.wdgt

- org.gbif.widget.speciesdistribution

Library/Widgets/Google.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.google

Library/Widgets/HBO.wdgt

- com.hbo.widget

Library/Widgets/Hurricane Watcher.wdgt

- com.weatherbug.widget.hurricanewidgetbeta

Library/Widgets/HurricaneCompanion.wdgt

- ocom.travelwidgets.hurricanecompanion

Library/Widgets/iCal.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.calendar

Library/Widgets/Intego Status.wdgt

- com.intego.widget

Library/Widgets/iStat pro.wdgt

- com.iSlayer.iStatpro4.widget

Library/Widgets/iTunes.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.itunes

Library/Widgets/Mirror.wdgt

- com.balooba.widget.mirror

Library/Widgets/Movies.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.cinema

Library/Widgets/NanoPlanner.wdgt

- com.current-usa.widget.nanoplanner

Library/Widgets/NetUpdate.wdgt

- com.intego.widget.netupdate

Library/Widgets/NightSky.wdgt

- org.earthsky.widget.NightSky

Library/Widgets/Oil Change.wdgt

- com.shadelandstudios.oilchange.wdgt

Library/Widgets/OSX Tutorials.wdgt

- N/A

Library/Widgets/Package Tracking.wdgt

- com.CodeAdrian.widget.PackageTracking

Library/Widgets/PEMDAS.wdgt

- com.donkeyentertainment.widget.PEMDAS

Library/Widgets/People.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.people

Library/Widgets/plasma.wdgt

- com.davidpace.widget.plasmawidget

Library/Widgets/pregnancy_calculator.wdgt

- com.lb.widget.pregnancy

Library/Widgets/PubMedTags.wdgt

- com.michaelpascoe.widget.PubMed

Library/Widgets/Rhapsody.wdgt

- com.real.widget.Rhapsody

Library/Widgets/Screenshot Plus.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.screeenshotplus

Library/Widgets/Showtime.wdgt

- com.example.widget.showtime

Library/Widgets/Ski Report.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.SkiReport

Library/Widgets/Starry Night.wdgt

- com.starrynight.widget

Library/Widgets/Stickies.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.stickies

Library/Widgets/Stocks.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.stocks

Library/Widgets/The Periodic Table.wdgt

- com.fennell.widget.the_periodic_table

Library/Widgets/Tile Game.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.tilegame

Library/Widgets/Translation.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.translation

Library/Widgets/Translator.wdgt

- com.pietjonas.hector.Translator

Library/Widgets/Unit Converter.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.unitconverter

Library/Widgets/VelaClock.wdgt

- com.veladg.widget.velaclock

Library/Widgets/VelaClock.wdgt/vcReg.app

- com.veladg.vcReg

Library/Widgets/VelaClock.wdgt/vcReg.app/Contents/Resources/EWSMac.framework/Re sources

- com.eSellerate.EWSMac16777503

Library/Widgets/VelaClock.wdgt/vcReg.app/Contents/Resources/EWSMac.framework/Ve rsions/A/Resources

Library/Widgets/VelaClock.wdgt/vcReg.app/Contents/Resources/EWSMac.framework/Ve rsions/Current/Resources

Library/Widgets/VirusBarrier X4.wdgt

- com.intego.widget.virusbarrierx4

Library/Widgets/Weather.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.weather

Library/Widgets/Web Clip.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.web-clip

Library/Widgets/Wikipedia.wdgt

- com.whatsinthehouse.widget.wikipedia

Library/Widgets/World Clock.wdgt

- com.apple.widget.worldclock

Library/Widgets/YouTube.wdgt

- com.conexn.widget.YouTube

Library/Widgets/zGoogleCalc.wdgt

- com.zloba.widget.zgooglecalc

Library/Widgets/ZipCodeCitySearch.wdgt

- com.corporatewidgets.zipp

dylibs

/usr/lib/libMonoPosixHelper.dylib

/usr/lib/libSFFileMonitor.32.dylib

/usr/lib/libSFIPC.32.dylib

/usr/lib/libSFIPC.I.dylib

/usr/lib/libSFsqlite3.7.4.dylib

/usr/lib/libSFSyncEngine.I.dylib

Contents of /etc/hosts (checksum 1792033960)

127.0.0.1 localhost

255.255.255.255 broadcasthost

::1 localhost

fe80::1%lo0 localhost

127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com

Changelog v2.2

+ Adobe Acrobat X Pro v10.x

+ Fixed Adobe LiveCycle Data Services ES2 to make full serials

Changelog v2.1

+ Adobe Premiere Elements v9.x

+ Adobe Photoshop Elements v9.x

Changelog v2.0

+ All of Adobe CS5 including ones available in Greek

+ Adobe Captivate v5.x

+ Adobe eLearning Suite v2.x

+ Adobe LiveCycle Data Services ES2

+ Adobe Photoshop Lightroom v3.x

Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.citrix.AuthManager_Mac.plist (checksum 1591517921)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>ServiceIPC</key>

<true/>

<key>MachServices</key>

<dict>

<key>com.citrix.AuthManager_Mac</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.citrix.AuthManager_Mac</string>

<key>WaitForDebugger</key>

<false/>

<array>

<string>/usr/local/libexec/AuthManager_Mac.app/Contents/MacOS/AuthManager_Mac</ string>

</array>

<string>Aqua</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.citrix.ReceiverHelper.plist (checksum 676087606)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.citrix.ReceiverHelper</string>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<dict>

<false/>

</dict>

<false/>

<array>

<string>/usr/local/libexec/ReceiverHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/ReceiverHelper</st ring>

</array>

<string>Aqua</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.citrix.ServiceRecords.plist (checksum 1445213025)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>ServiceIPC</key>

<true/>

<key>MachServices</key>

<dict>

<key>com.citrix.Beacons</key>

<true/>

<key>com.citrix.ServiceRecords</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.citrix.ServiceRecords</string>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<true/>

<false/>

<array>

<string>/usr/local/libexec/ServiceRecords.app/Contents/MacOS/ServiceRecords</st ring>

</array>

...and 8 more line(s)

Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.intego.VirusBarrierX6.alert.plist (checksum 2493339686)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.intego.VirusBarrierX6.alert</string>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<false/>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<string>Aqua</string>

<array>

<string>/Library/Intego/virusbarrier.bundle/Contents/MacOS/tool_launcher</strin g>

<string>/Library/Intego/virusbarrier.bundle/Contents/MacOS/VirusBarrier X6 Alert.app/Contents/MacOS/VirusBarrier X6 Alert</string>

</array>

<key>MachServices</key>

<dict>

<key>com.intego.virusbarrierx6.alert</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>WatchPaths</key>

<array>

<string>/Library/Intego/virusbarrier.bundle/Contents/Resources/.startAlert</str ing>

...and 3 more line(s)

Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.intego.VirusBarrierX6.statusitem.plist (checksum 534770213)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.intego.VirusBarrierX6.statusitem</string>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<true/>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<string>Aqua</string>

<array>

<string>/Library/Intego/virusbarrier.bundle/Contents/MacOS/tool_launcher</strin g>

<string>/Library/Intego/virusbarrier.bundle/Contents/MacOS/VBX6StatusItem.app/C ontents/MacOS/VBX6StatusItem</string>

</array>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.intego.commonservices.statusitem.plist (checksum 260656778)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<true/>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.intego.commonservices.statusitem</string>

<string>Aqua</string>

<array>

<string>/Library/Intego/IntegoStatusItem.bundle/Contents/MacOS/tool_launcher</s tring>

<string>/Library/Intego/IntegoStatusItem.bundle/Contents/Resources/IntegoStatus ItemHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/IntegoStatusItemHelper</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.intego.task.manager.notifier.plist (checksum 2234226620)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<false/>

<string>Aqua</string>

<key>WatchPaths</key>

<array>

<string>/Library/Intego/TaskManager/.start</string>

</array>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.intego.task.manager.notifier</string>

<array>

<string>/Library/Intego/TaskManager/TM_Notifier.app/Contents/MacOS/TM_Notifier< /string>

</array>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.oracle.java.Java-Updater.plist (checksum 997572498)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<array>

</array>

<dict>

<key>Hour</key>

<integer>7</integer>

<key>Minute</key>

<integer>59</integer>

<key>Weekday</key>

<integer>2</integer>

</dict>

</dict>

...and 1 more line(s)

Contents of /Library/LaunchAgents/com.sophos.uiserver.plist (checksum 40276757)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<true/>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.sophos.uiserver</string>

<array>

<string>/Library/Sophos Anti-Virus/SophosUIServer.app/Contents/MacOS/SophosUIServer</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.aelwriter.plist (checksum 1848501757)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.apple.aelwriter</string>

<key>MachServices</key>

<dict>

<key>com.apple.aelwriter</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<array>

<string>/usr/sbin/AELWriter</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<false/>

<key>UserName</key>

<string>root</string>

<key>ThrottleInterval</key>

<integer>2</integer>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.intego.VirusBarrierX6.daemon.plist (checksum 3337783835)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.intego.VirusBarrierX6.daemon</string>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<true/>

<array>

<string>/Library/Intego/virusbarrier.bundle/Contents/MacOS/virusbarrierd</strin g>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.intego.VirusBarrierX6.scanner.daemon.plist (checksum 2550154393)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<true/>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.intego.VirusBarrierX6.scanner.daemon</string>

<array>

<string>/Library/Intego/virusbarrier.bundle/Contents/MacOS/virusbarriers</strin g>

<string>-m</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.intego.commonservices.daemon.plist (checksum 2156007746)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.intego.commonservices.daemon</string>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<true/>

<key>OnDemand</key>

<false/>

<array>

<string>/Library/Intego/integod</string>

</array>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.intego.commonservices.icalserver.plist (checksum 1036205248)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>ServiceIPC</key>

<true/>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.intego.commonservices.icalserver</string>

<key>Sockets</key>

<dict>

<key>Listeners</key>

<dict>

<key>SockNodeName</key>

<string>127.0.0.1</string>

<key>SockServiceName</key>

<string>47807</string>

<key>SockFamily</key>

<string>IPv4</string>

</dict>

</dict>

<array>

<string>/Library/Intego/IntegoiCalServer</string>

</array>

</dict>

...and 1 more line(s)

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.intego.commonservices.metrics.kschecker.plist (checksum 3385097416)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.intego.commonservices.metrics.kschecker</string>

<key>Program</key>

<string>/Library/Intego/im_ks_tool</string>

<dict>

<key>Hour</key>

<integer>12</integer>

<key>Minute</key>

<integer>0</integer>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.intego.task.manager.daemon.plist (checksum 3031560756)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.intego.task.manager.daemon</string>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<true/>

<key>OnDemand</key>

<false/>

<array>

<string>/Library/Intego/TaskManager/TaskManagerDaemon</string>

</array>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.intego.washingmachine.daemon.plist (checksum 1003054349)

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.intego.washingmachine.daemon</string>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>Program</key>

<string>/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.intego.washingmachine/load</string>

<key>OnDemand</key>

<false/>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2.Agent.plist (checksum 2453449774)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2.Agent</string>

<key>MachServices</key>

<dict>

<key>com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2.Agent</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>Program</key>

<string>/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2.Agent</string>

<array>

<string>/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2.Agent</string>

</array>

<key>Sockets</key>

<dict>

<key>MasterSocket</key>

<dict>

<key>SockFamily</key>

<string>Unix</string>

<key>SockPathMode</key>

<integer>438</integer>

...and 8 more line(s)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<key>MachServices</key>

<dict>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>Program</key>

<array>

</array>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.sophos.common.servicemanager.plist (checksum 1792128556)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.sophos.common.servicemanager</string>

<array>

<string>/Library/Sophos Anti-Virus/SophosServiceManager.bundle/Contents/MacOS/SophosServiceManager</str ing>

</array>

<key>KeepAlive</key>

<true/>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.ARM.UUID.plist (checksum 2170691092)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<array>

<string>/Applications/Adobe Reader 9/Adobe Reader.app/Contents/MacOS/Updater/Adobe Reader Updater Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Reader Updater Helper</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>StartInterval</key>

<integer>12600</integer>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.ARM.UUID.plist (checksum 926752576)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<array>

<string>/Applications/Adobe Acrobat X Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Updater/Adobe Acrobat Updater Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Acrobat Updater Helper</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>StartInterval</key>

<integer>12600</integer>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of Library/LaunchAgents/com.adobe.ARM.UUID.plist (checksum 573770682)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<array>

<string>/Applications/Adobe Reader 9__/Adobe Reader.app/Contents/MacOS/Updater/Adobe Reader Updater Helper.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Reader Updater Helper</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>StartInterval</key>

<integer>12600</integer>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of Library/LaunchAgents/com.google.keystone.agent.plist (checksum 3841888402)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.google.keystone.user.agent</string>

<string>Aqua</string>

<array>

<string>/Users/USER/Library/Google/GoogleSoftwareUpdate/GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bu ndle/Contents/Resources/GoogleSoftwareUpdateAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/GoogleSoftw areUpdateAgent</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<key>StartInterval</key>

<integer>3523</integer>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of Library/LaunchAgents/com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2Helper.diskSpaceWatcher.plist (checksum 754469947)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2Helper.diskSpaceWatcher</string>

<array>

<string>/usr/bin/open</string>

<string>-F</string>

<string>-g</string>

<string>/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/CleanMyMac 2/CleanMyMac 2 Helper.app</string>

<string>--args</string>

<string>-watchDiskSpace</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<false/>

<key>StartInterval</key>

<integer>3600</integer>

</dict>

</plist>

Contents of Library/LaunchAgents/com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2Helper.scheduledScan.plist (checksum 102679408)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2Helper.scheduledScan</string>

<array>

<string>-F</string>

<string>-g</string>

<string>-n</string>

<string>/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/CleanMyMac 2/CleanMyMac 2 Helper.app</string>

<string>--args</string>

<string>-scheduled</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<true/>

<dict>

<key>Hour</key>

<integer>19</integer>

<key>Minute</key>

<integer>27</integer>

</dict>

...and 2 more line(s)

Contents of Library/LaunchAgents/com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2Helper.trashWatcher.plist (checksum 4035059884)

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Label</key>

<string>com.macpaw.CleanMyMac2Helper.trashWatcher</string>

<array>

<string>-F</string>

<string>-g</string>

<string>--args</string>

<string>-watchTrash</string>

</array>

<key>RunAtLoad</key>

<false/>

<key>WatchPaths</key>

<array>

<string>/Users/USER/.Trash</string>

</array>

</dict>

</plist>

Bad plists

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dev.isl.plist

Library/Preferences/com.solidstatenetworks.awkhost.plist

DNS: 208.67.222.222 (static)

Listeners

kdc: kerberos

User login items

Mail

- /Applications/Mail.app

- /Applications/Messages.app

Calendar

- /Applications/Calendar.app

Hidden apps

.morena/TwainProxy_6040000.app

Safari extensions

AdBlock

Awesome Screenshot

Close All Tabs

Ebay Shopping Assistant

Reload Button

Searchme

Slick Savings

Restricted files: 195

Elapsed time (s): 631

Feb 10, 2015 7:55 AM in response to EricPerrone

Hi all

I was having the same problem and was 'googling' to find a solution.

I read this thread and decided to have a look at the processes my MBP (early 2011) was running. I found some instances of 'virusbarriers' running. Looked a bit further and could identify that these instances were created by Intego. I tried this antivirus some years ago and had uninstalled it.

Somehow I never related that my MBP was getting hotter than normal after that trial. Usually I run Virtual Machines, sometimes running 3 OS at same time, so my MBP is, in general, always overloaded. Only after installing Yosemite and having the Kexd issue I started to suspect that something else could be the 'culprit'.

I deleted the folder Intego from /Library/ and rebooted the MBP. The Kexd issue was gone and the MBP is cooler as it hasn't been for a couple of years. :-)

Hope this help as much as this thread has inspired me.

Regards

Luis

kextd process running constantly 30%-40% cpu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.