Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i open a .bcf file on my iMac?

Someone from work gave me a thumb drive with a database of names and addresses and I can't open the file with that .bcf extension.

I am running Maverick on my iMac

iMac, iOS 8

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 8:01 AM

1 reply

Nov 2, 2014 8:42 AM in response to genefromomaha

This is probably a 'Business Card Designer Pro' file, which contains card layouts including images and layouts as well as text. You are likely to have trouble opening it. You could try dragging it to TextEdit, but you will probably get a lot of garbage code within which you might be able to find the text. Otherwise probably only the original software will open it, which is Windows only:

http://www.belltechsystems.com/business-card-software/

You might be able to run this buy using Boot Camp or emulation software such as Parallels (for both of which you would need a licenced copy of Windows) or you could try 'Crossover Mac' which doesn't require Windows but is pretty flaky and does not list Business Card Pro as one of the programs it will run, so it might or might not work. It's a lot of hassle and some expense, I'm afraid - perhaps the person who gave it to you can open it and possible export the contents in some manageable format?

how can i open a .bcf file on my iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.