Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WLAN Problems since Upgrade to IOS 8 and 8.1

since I Upgraded to IOS 8 and 8.1 I have Problems with my WLAN. It disconnects very often.

HOw to solve that Problem?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 12:01 PM

6 replies

Nov 5, 2014 6:11 AM in response to Olhuveli

Hello Olhuveli,

For issues with not maintaining your WLAN connection, then check out the article below for some general troubleshooting to get it sorted out. I would start with removing the network and then joining it again. One last step would be to reset network settings.

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/en-us/ts1398

Regards,

-Norm G.

Nov 8, 2014 2:53 AM in response to norm123

That is a joke m8! I just invested nearly 1500€ for iPad air 2 and iPhone 6 and apple broke WLAN functionality with ios 8. All suggestions didn't work, and I tried it several times. All of them. And it's not my router, I can assure you. It works flawlessay with other devices. So my wifi iPad is useless, could just have burned my money, would have been the same. Work on it Apple, or I will sue you!

Nov 8, 2014 5:14 AM in response to Olhuveli

Im having sorta the same problem. Since upgrading to iOS 8 and subsequently 8,1, my iPad seems to disrupt the internet connection from my router. Even on the fixed line on my windows machine. When i reset the router, it all works again.

But right now, i can't use the iPad for anything that goes online.

My iMac is doing just fine tho, so that leads me to think its the iOS update that buggered things up.

Im a little hesitant to update to Yosemite on the iMac as well if it implements the same "fixes".

Anyways, been scrolling thru heaps of these posts, but i have yet to find a solution!

Mar 3, 2015 2:23 AM in response to Olhuveli

Since upgrading to 8.1 I have problems with WLAN and Bluetooth. I tried all the suggestions several times, nothing changed. I am shure this is not a problem of any router: My wife has an iphone 4 wit IOS 6. Yesterday we both tried tu use a hotspot in a cfe: While the iphone 4 with IOS 6 found seven hotspots including that of the cafe we were sitting in my 4S with IOS 8.1.2 just found two. It did not found the nearest one of the cafe.

When updating some apps I received a message from my carrier that my highspeed-volume had ended. I think WLAN-connection broke down while updating.

Further more I have problems with extremly weak bluetooth-signal. Even in a distance less than three meters to the receiver connection breakes down.

I am really angry about that: What good is a smarthone You can hardly use the internet with? Apple kills a smartphone I payed them a lot of Money for by giving me a software that is full of bugs. And not giving me the opportunity to go back to a software-version my phone was working with.

Which brand will be my next smartphone?

WLAN Problems since Upgrade to IOS 8 and 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.