Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringer volume keeps changing | iphone 6 iOS 8.1

Running iOS 8.1 on an iPhone 6.

I'm finding my ringer / alert volume changing even though I've disabled the 'Change with buttons' options in sounds settings.

Not sure if it's the result of changing some other volume on the system or an app. I can't ever seem to change it deliberately but every now and again I notice the ringer /alerts are louder than normal and when I go into sound settings the slider is higher than I originally set and the 'Change with buttons' still disabled.

Any ideas?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 2, 2014 1:06 PM

6 replies

Nov 4, 2014 7:09 AM in response to Kingsride62

Yes I've tried resetting the phone. I'm not ready to restore the entire phone as this may be a known bug.

I have however found one sequence of events which causes the volume to change.

I use Bluetooth headphones. When the headphones are activated and Bluetooth on, the ringer volume changes to a higher level. When Bluetooth disconnects it stays that way.

Very annoying as I connect and disconnect multiple times a day.

So just to clarify. In sound settings ringer 'change with buttons' is off. When my Bluetooth headphones connect, the ringer/alert volume increases and stays that way when I disconnect. It seems to match the general volume level I use for the headphones though haven't checked this point thoroughly.

Thanks.

Jul 16, 2015 6:09 AM in response to Kingsride62

I am having a similar problem. I have an ipjone 6, running 8.4. My ringer volume will reset itself LOW. Last night, I set my alarm, ensured my phone was plugged in, CHECKED THE VOLUME with the side buttons (it was 100%--heavy sleeper here), then went to sleep. This morning, my dogs wake me up 10 minutes before my phone. I had missed 2 texts and a phone call. I was replying to the texts when my alarm went off. It was so low!! Using the side buttons, I turned up the volume. It had reset itself to ONE BAR! In the time between setting my alarm and this morning, I did nothing to my phone.

It has been doing this for a few weeks now. I did get a new car and started using Bluetooth, but that was off. I was not on wifi. I had not been watching videos or using any apps. I can not think of WHAT could be causing this...

Love the iphone 6...eye rolls... Missing my original iPhone 5.

Thanks!

Ringer volume keeps changing | iphone 6 iOS 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.