Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text message forwarding on Mac Air

I'm trying to set up my Mac Air to receive text messages. My iPhone 6 Plus has a pop screen asking for a code from the Mac. Where do I find this code?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Nov 3, 2014 6:39 AM

2 replies

Nov 5, 2014 9:34 AM in response to Jivaraval

Hello Jivaraval,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help with SMS relay:

SMS

With Continuity, all the SMS and MMS text messages you send and receive on your iPhone also appear on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch. Even if the person you’re communicating with doesn’t have an iPhone. And regardless of what phone they have, you can reply from whichever device is closest to you, including your iPad or Mac. You can also initiate a conversation by clicking a phone number in Safari, Contacts, or Calendar.

User uploaded file

To use Continuity for SMS and MMS on your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac:
Update your iPhone to iOS 8.1 (when available).
Enable iMessage on your Mac and iOS devices.
On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on Text Message Forwarding.
Your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac will display a code you can enter on your iPhone to verify the SMS and MMS feature.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

BobbyD

Dec 26, 2014 11:36 AM in response to bobby_d

Ok but tell me this. I have this all set up on my new Mac. If I am texting via my iPhone during the day and later go home and start using my Mac, am I going to pull up the message center and see all my daily text messages? I don't see that as a thing I want. ha! I'd rather only see what I initiate from the Mac directly. Does that make sense?

Text message forwarding on Mac Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.