Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prevent automatically reconnecting of Bluetooth devices

Hi there.

I have two iMacs side by side, a BT Trackpad, a BT keyboard, the magic mouse and a wired keyboard.

I'd like to use the wired keyboard and the trackpad on one iMac (let's call it No 1), the BT keyboard and the magic ouse with the other (#2) (both on Yosemite).

Whenever I shut down or restart the #1, the magic mouse connects automatically to #2. Even when I disconnect it on #2 and walk to the other and to see if it finds the MM, very often it has automatically reconnected to #2.

Is there a way to sustainable erase the Bluetooth entry for the MM at #2 (the retina iMac)?

Thanks for your efforts

Posted on Nov 3, 2014 11:33 AM

4 replies

Nov 3, 2014 12:20 PM in response to Kappy

Ok. Thanks. now i found my mistake. I'm on a German system by the way. But right klick on the device shows something like "disconnect" ("trennen" what I have used ) and something like "remove" (entfernen) what i tried now.

It seems to work. The newer iMac doesn't list nor connect the BT mouse even in case of shutdown iMac #1.

Thanks a lot.

Prevent automatically reconnecting of Bluetooth devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.