Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost my Canon Pixma IP4300

After I upgraded it continued to work as it had on Mavericks even tho it wasn''t supposed to. Then this afternoon it stopped at the same time my LabelWriter 400 disappeared. I got the Labelwriter fixed but I can't make the IP4300 work and Canon has no driver for it. I googled the problem and Gutenprint was suggested. I have to admit Gutenprint makes NO sense to me. I see no instructions. I downloaded it but I have no idea where it is or how to set it up. Does anyone have any help to offer?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 3, 2014 4:56 PM

3 replies

Nov 3, 2014 6:17 PM in response to George Chapman

After installing the Gutenprint driver suite you will have a list of drivers in the Printer Software list, as shown below.

User uploaded file

But if the iP4300 is not appearing in the Add printer window in order to add the printer then you could have an issue with the USB cable. To check, open System Information (Applications > Utilities) and select USB in the left sidebar. The top right pane will show all the USB busses on the Mac. The iP4300 should be listed under one of these busses. If it is not listed, then try another USB cable. Once the printer is listed under one of the USB busses, then it will be available to add via Printers & Scanners.

Lost my Canon Pixma IP4300

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.