Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your phone number is now being used for iMessage on a new iPhone

My wife received "Your phone number is now being used for iMessage on a new iPhone" message on her iPad Mini, but she has no new iPhone. Has anyone seen this before?

She does have a new Macbook Pro, and traded in her prior iPhone 4 last year.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Posted on Nov 3, 2014 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2017 6:37 PM

I received this message on my iPhone 6S+. We have 2-step verification enabled so I immediately changed the password. As soon as my husband signed into the Apple ID on his phone, I received the message again. His phone is not using my phone number. Could someone have hacked our account that quickly?

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2017 6:37 PM in response to mshdsp

I received this message on my iPhone 6S+. We have 2-step verification enabled so I immediately changed the password. As soon as my husband signed into the Apple ID on his phone, I received the message again. His phone is not using my phone number. Could someone have hacked our account that quickly?

Dec 28, 2017 6:17 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I have received this message a couple of times recently, come to think of it, after recent updates. It would be HELPFUL if Apple put out a notice indicating a message like this might appear after updates instead of leaving us all to try to troubleshoot the issue! This is the second time in recent weeks I've been checking it out. I felt safe once I checked out my Apple account and viewed connected devices and was able to see that those connected were indeed MY devices. I also have two step verification enabled. Wouldn't have the account without it these days!

Nov 4, 2014 9:51 AM in response to cerp1ntaxt

Any time you add a device to your iCloud Apple ID you will receive a notification like that. If you get such a notification and you have NOT logged in to iCloud with a new device and not changed any iCloud settings on any device it's possible that your iCloud ID was hacked. Change your password for your Apple ID (see: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support) and consider adding 2 factor authentication to your iCloud account.

Nov 7, 2014 1:13 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

My iPad 2 has just received the same message and I haven't made any changes to my trusted devices. I have 2-step authentication enabled, and have done so for a while now.

I would recommend, as Lawrence Finch has, to change your password in the first instance, and definitely enable 2-step authentication if you've not done so already.

Your phone number is now being used for iMessage on a new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.