Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album art missing every resyncs from iTunes with iPho

I have over 4000 songs I want to sync to my iPhone 6 64GB via the lightning port provided, updated to the latest iOS8 as of 11/4/2014. The songs are down-converted to 256kbps from my iTunes library (in Apple Lossless), Of course, I wouldn't be able to finish syncing them all in one day. So every time I'd sync again the next time, the already-synched songs, which had the manually embedded album art, would go missing.

User uploaded file

I've already had this incident occurred more than once. The only solution so far is to delete my entire library and restart the syncs, which isn't ideal for someone syncing over 4000 songs, as the album arts going missing reoccurs over and over.

PLEASE FIX THIS APPLE. What's great about the new cover flow in iOS8 is the fact it's a grid. It makes it visually easier to pick out my favorite songs / albums I want to play just by looking at the pictures instead of scrolls of words. This will not work when the album art keeps disappearing!

Posted on Nov 3, 2014 9:15 PM

5 replies

Dec 12, 2014 8:51 PM in response to selenafromshenzhen

I was going to say I finally found the solution but it's not 100% fool proof. Basically whenever you do sync, leave your iPhone on the music app with visible album art. Make sure you do not do anything else during the syncing process. This worked fine after many syncs until the album art disappeared again. The second I scrolled through the albums, it fades and updates all album art as blanks. I also found that every time this happens, only songs purchased from iTunes keeps their album art intact. What gives? If this is their way of getting me to purchase my music only on iTunes forget it (ok, over assuming there, I know ...)

This is getting frustrating. It takes me forever to resync my entire library. Updaying to 8.1.2 now, hoping that this has been addressed.

Dec 23, 2014 2:41 AM in response to Udontkonwme

Udontkonwme wrote:

The only solution so far is to delete my entire library and restart the syncs, which isn't ideal for someone syncing over 4000 songs, as the album arts going missing reoccurs over and over.

PLEASE FIX THIS APPLE.

Same problem here. Except I have 13,000 tracks on my 128GB iPhone 6+, with disappearing cover art. Guess how much fun that it is — to reload 13,000 tracks from scratch — on a regular basis? It seems that when a sync is interrupted, there's a good chance that 13,000 tracks immediately lose their cover art. Cool, huh?

I used to use the "Convert higher bit rate songs to…" option to fit more music, but when you have to dump and reload your entire music library periodically, it's completely impractical to use the re-compress option. For me, re-compressing takes overnight & then some. So that option is completely off the table for me now.

The iTunes/iPhone experience has been steadily degrading over the last couple of years. Add in the "Waiting for changes to be applied" bug…

After all these years being a Mac owner, and being happy to avoid weird Windows PC glitches — now, with the iTunes/iPhone link, Mac users can enjoy a full panoply of cryptic, frustrating and ultimately unsolvable problems — just like PC owners! It's a very inclusive approach.

Jan 8, 2016 8:48 AM in response to Udontkonwme

This has happened to me at least 5 times in the last year. When I contacted Apple, the people I spoke with sounded shocked like it is the first time they had ehard about this - despite multiple community posts on the topic. QA has gone out the window in the last 2 years. Syncing again has worked, but only about 50% of the time. I have 24000 songs on my iPhone 6s and it is a real pain to have to put them all back on the phone. User experience *****.

Album art missing every resyncs from iTunes with iPho

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.