Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Apple Pay on Vending Machines - Over Charged

Hi All, I just used Apple Pay on two vending machines today, bought $0.75 candy on one machine and a $1.35 soda on another. BOTH transactions charged me $1.50, I confirmed 2 "Pending transactions" for $1.50 each on my credit card account. Anyone know if this some kind of hold, and the correct amount will eventually be charged?

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 5:42 AM

Hi ..

Very likely authorization holds. Same is true of purchasing from the iTunes & App Stores > iTunes Store & Mac App Store: About payment card authorization holds - Apple Support

Monitor the account used for making those purchases for credits. It can take anywhere from 24 hours to three business days.

3 replies

Nov 4, 2014 5:41 AM in response to KevinC

Yes, mine does the same thing. the $1.50 is the pending transaction and once it settles in a few days and posts to your card it will be the correct amount. The $1.50 is just the preauthorization just like the gas pump charges your credit card $1.00 at the beginning just to make sure your card is active.

Using Apple Pay on Vending Machines - Over Charged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.