Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth intermittently cuts out

bluetooth intermittently cuts out please help!

Ive got a bose sound link II right next to my computer.

my wifi is also slow and they seem to be fighting

Running macbook pro yosemite.

my iPhone also not working either

picture editing is also super slow too.

speaking is cutting out now driving me crazy

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 4:19 AM

33 replies

Feb 26, 2017 12:12 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hi Carolyn,

I am having a similar issue with my bluetooth speakers, sometimes they intermittently cut out, I’m unsure if its my speakers or if its my computer. I have a mid 2012 MacBook Pro running OS X Sierra and I looked up that file but there is none with that exact name but one similar and don’t want to erase it if its not the problem.

Is there a reason for why bluetooth cuts out? I believe it has happened with my iPhone 6S too, but its rare, and mostly happens with my MacBook Pro. What should I do to fix this? I do not believe its the speakers since they are new and I have taken care of them quite well. My laptop, however, is quite old so it may be the source of the issue.

Additionally, and I don’t know if it has anything to do but when I’m playing music on my computer through my bluetooth speakers it sounds ok, but when using Netflix, for example, it starts cutting out sometimes.

Thanks,

May 31, 2017 2:20 PM in response to equinox1100

I am running Sierra 10.12.5 on an i7 Macbook Pro Retina 2014 with 16GB of memory and have purchased two (yes 2) different UE Boom Bluetooth speakers over the course of the last two years. Yet I am still unable to use them in conjunction with my $2200 computer. I have tried everything mentioned in this forum and still continue to deal with constant cutting in/out no matter what kind of audio I am playing from my Macbook (iTunes, Spotify, Youtube, Netflix, etc,.). Obviously, like everyone else here, I have tried these speakers with my iPhone and find virtually no issues whatsoever.

How can such a huge company have literally no answer for this when we, their loyal customer base, do nothing but throw them absurd amounts of money on a regular basis?? Fix this Apple!!!

Nov 13, 2017 10:36 AM in response to equinox1100

I have had a similar problem with my headphones. I wrote this shell script to turn Bluetooth off remove the recent devices and then re-enable Bluetooth.

#!/bin/bash
# Description - Seems to fix Bluetooth connectivity issues some times...

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist ControllerPowerState 0
sudo kextunload -b com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport
sudo kextload -b com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport
sleep 1
/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.Bluetooth.*.plist -c "delete :RecentDevices" > /dev/null 2>&1
sleep 1
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist ControllerPowerState 1
sudo kextunload -b com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport
sudo kextload -b com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport

As the description says, it may fix the Bluetooth sometimes... Not sure why it works, it's just something I came up with after digging through the plist files and finding a big list of recent devices.

Nov 4, 2014 4:29 AM in response to equinox1100

Hi ..

For Bluetooth.

Open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following:

/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist

Click Go then move the com.apple.Bluetooth.plist file to the Trash.

Then re "pair" the Bose Link.

For the Wi-Fi try diagnostics. Instructions here > Wi-Fi: How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity

For the iPhone.

Reset the device:

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

If by speaking, you are referring to Dictation, open System Preferences > Dication & Speech then select the Text to Speech tab. Try a different Speaking Rate.

Picture editing depends on which software you are using ???

Nov 4, 2014 7:24 PM in response to equinox1100

I am having the same issue and it is maddening. I have reset the PRAM, the SMC, and deleted the file Bluetooth.plist. Nothing is working. I am running Yosemite. This wasn't a problem until recently. I am guessing it has something to do with the OS upgrade.

My first thought was that it was the speakers. I dropped $200 for Dre Beats speaker and the same thing. It isn't the speakers.

Nov 6, 2014 3:51 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hi Carolyn,

Thankyou for your suggestions... I tried them all out and unfortunately ALL my issues are still unresolved.

Bluetooth... I deleted the file emptied the trash, I then reset the SMC and the problem was still there,

I have tested my speaker with my iPhone bluetooth and its fine so I know its not the speakers fault...

I think ill just give up using bluetooth on my comp.

Phone... Tried everything to fix it on my own, reset, restored... using a Nokia i bought now just for calls...

think its time i traipsed up to the genius bar.

bluetooth intermittently cuts out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.