Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6+ infinite loop of reboot and crash

Just bought new iphone 6+ , 128G, started it as a new phone to setup, and then updated to 8.1 software, then i have reset all settings so that i can setup it as a phone from the icloud, but now it got into an infinite loop of reboot showing red screen for 1-2 seconds and then normal apple reboot logo.

I was really looking forward for the new iphone 6+, it is so annoying and disappointing from Apple.

what shall be done?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1, infinit loop of reboot

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 6:03 AM

3 replies

Nov 4, 2014 6:39 AM in response to Essalameh

Try to use iTunes on your computer to set it up as new device. To make sure that this is not software related set it up without using the latest backup first, in case it contains damaged data causing the crashes.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

If it works after that, restore from the backup. If it does not, you'll have to get it serviced:

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Aug 14, 2015 5:00 PM in response to Ingo2711

Hello there! I have a similar problem. The thing is, I started the phone and it worked totally fine but after trying to load the backup from my iPhone 5s to my iPhone 6, it stayed with the infinite loop, first the apple then after 2 o 3 minutes it will go blue and then the apple again. I tried to restore it through iTunes but the phone will freeze at the "Connect to iTunes" and after 15 minutes, it will start the infinite loop again. What should I do? 😕😟

Iphone 6+ infinite loop of reboot and crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.