Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Barclaycard is active for Apple Pay according to the bank, but passbook still says verification required

I restarted my iPhone not expecting that to help. It didn't. It seems the validation message never reached the phone. I have successfully set up a Chase credit card and a debit card.

If Barclaycard sees the account as active for Apple Pay, then how do I get the iPhone to see it's verified?

Is there something I can ask Barclaycard to resend?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 2:47 PM

Had the same issue.

Called Barclaycard back. They "verified" the card and I received the text saying so while we were on the phone.

Had to add this card to my iPad and get it verified while we were on the phone. The rep saw the request hit their system when I added it. He verified it and I received the text.

All very simple. And quick.

Apparently the first call I made and was told it was verified was incorrect. The second rep knew exactly why I was calling once he pulled up my account.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2014 2:47 PM in response to bragadm

Had the same issue.

Called Barclaycard back. They "verified" the card and I received the text saying so while we were on the phone.

Had to add this card to my iPad and get it verified while we were on the phone. The rep saw the request hit their system when I added it. He verified it and I received the text.

All very simple. And quick.

Apparently the first call I made and was told it was verified was incorrect. The second rep knew exactly why I was calling once he pulled up my account.

Nov 12, 2014 4:10 PM in response to bragadm

Amex and Wells Fargo Cards were a breeze. BarclayCard, forget about it!

No automatic or online verification method, only call which fails miserably.

After entering card number, Zip code and SSN all you get is regular customer service. Rep has no clue what you're calling about, then asks for all information AGAIN and they have no clue, attempts to transfer you to a so-called "Apple Support" which dumps the call....

Ended up removing BarclayCard from Passbook. If Barclay can't even manage to set up the card properly, I can't trust them to process my payments.

Shameful!

Barclaycard is active for Apple Pay according to the bank, but passbook still says verification required

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.