Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad iOS 8.1 constantly asking for unwanted and unneeded data plan.

I have an Apple 4th Gen iPad With Retina Wi-Fi 32GB For Verizon - MD526LL/A that was recently "upgraded" to iOS 8.1(12B410). Now, the device is constantly asking for me to setup a data plan. I do not wish to have a data plan with this device. I only use it on wifi. I bought the Verizon capable chipset merely to get the GPS capability and NOT to use a data plan. That has worked fine for over a year until the iOS 8.1 update. I have cellular data turned off, same as before. Apparently, Apple does not support issues that they create, as I was prompted to pay $29 for a support session. I've searched the web and see other users reporting the same problem. In some cases, turning off Bluetooth appeared to fix the problem. That is not going to work for me as I use Bluetooth with this device. Any suggestions on a fix? Any suggestions on how to get Apple to support devices that they break? Thanks.

iPad 2, iOS 8.1, ipad

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 8:43 AM

6 replies

Nov 5, 2014 8:10 AM in response to dranreba

I could access that setting, but it didn't have an effect. After seeing people claiming turning Bluetooth off helped, I tried that. I turned off Bluetooth and did a soft reset, then re-enabled Bluetooth. Then I found an app that was trying to use Cellular Data despite the global settings denying same. Maybe fixed now, haven't had a popup for awhile. Thanks all for your suggestions.

Ipad iOS 8.1 constantly asking for unwanted and unneeded data plan.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.