Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus LED alert not working.

I have always used the iPhone's LED flashing alert to notify me when I get a call or text message. While I was on iOS 8 Beta 2-4 it was working fine. I did a clean install of the complete iOS 8 release and ever since then, the flash alert doesn't work.

Sometimes it will work on incoming calls, but will not work on text messages. I've tried soft/hard rebooting, clean wipe and fresh installs, and pretty much anything in between. Now, today I got my 128GB Gold ATT iPhone 6 Plus, and it's the same thing. Updated to iOS 8.1, reset everything/deleted all contents and settings. Both fresh install, and iCloud backups and still no alerts on text messages, but now I get them on calls. I tried my girls ATT 128GB iPhone 6 and she has the same problem too. My old phone was a 64GB iPhone 5S and hers was a 32GB iPhone 5. Everything was good until the official release of iOS 8.

I've tried searching for related issues, and haven't found anything since 2011 with a quick Google search. Most links just tell you how to turn the flash alert on but no new issues. All of my devices are on iOS 8.1. I gave my father my 64GB 5S with a clean install and he still has the issue as well. So, that makes my iPhone 6 Plus, my girls iPhone 6 and my fathers iPhone 5S not flashing LED on messages and sometimes calls. There aren't any custom vibrations enabled on any if the devices. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it a known bug or am I just not doing something right here? i never had an issue before the iOS 8 release. Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 8:36 AM

21 replies

Nov 4, 2014 8:43 AM in response to Nore

Nore wrote:

I have always used the iPhone's LED flashing alert to notify me when I get a call or text message. While I was on iOS 8 Beta 2-4 it was working fine. I did a clean install of the complete iOS 8 release and ever since then, the flash alert doesn't work.

Sometimes it will work on incoming calls, but will not work on text messages. I've tried soft/hard rebooting, clean wipe and fresh installs, and pretty much anything in between. Now, today I got my 128GB Gold ATT iPhone 6 Plus, and it's the same thing. Updated to iOS 8.1, reset everything/deleted all contents and settings. Both fresh install, and iCloud backups and still no alerts on text messages, but now I get them on calls. I tried my girls ATT 128GB iPhone 6 and she has the same problem too. My old phone was a 64GB iPhone 5S and hers was a 32GB iPhone 5. Everything was good until the official release of iOS 8.

I've tried searching for related issues, and haven't found anything since 2011 with a quick Google search. Most links just tell you how to turn the flash alert on but no new issues. All of my devices are on iOS 8.1. I gave my father my 64GB 5S with a clean install and he still has the issue as well. So, that makes my iPhone 6 Plus, my girls iPhone 6 and my fathers iPhone 5S not flashing LED on messages and sometimes calls. There aren't any custom vibrations enabled on any if the devices. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it a known bug or am I just not doing something right here? i never had an issue before the iOS 8 release. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you a developer? IF so try asking in the developer forum.

Nov 22, 2014 1:11 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yup, flash works great. No issues with any notifications except with text messages. I've toggled on and off all phones. I asked them about my 5S and they wanted me to purchase any help because the 5S was out of warranty. The 6 Plus is still in warranty, but the odds of it being hardware related on multiple devices has got to be next to nil.

Jun 30, 2015 11:42 PM in response to Nore

I spoke to a customer support representative who said the messaging software(firmware) was damaged (likely from and app update gone wrong). My led alert also was not working for messaging but working for incoming calls. You will need to back up your phone, restore your phone (while it's plugged in iTunes, not the reset on the actual phone), and then restore your content from the backup.

iPhone 6 Plus LED alert not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.