Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete an undelivered iMessage

I've this problem before but cannot recall the fix. i sent several iMessages to friend A but they weren't delivered. (I was in an area with no service). Now i cannot send a message to friend A, even though I can send and receive with other friends. So I need to delete the not delivered iMessages to unblock the queue to Friend A but cannot figure out how to delete these obsolete messages. Help?

ipad mini latest ios

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 9:09 AM

Push and hold on the message in question. It will pop up a couple of choices, and pick the "more" choice. That will "select" that particular message and there is a garbage can at the bottom, that you can then "trash" all those messages you have selected.

2 replies

Nov 4, 2014 9:11 AM in response to bbhillfarm

IIf you want to delete the entire message thread, tap the Edit button in the upper left corner - above your list of contacts/messages, then swip to get to the one that you want to remove - tap the circle next to left - and then tap Delete.

IF you just want to delete one portion of a text - tap and hold down on the bubble and select More - that message will be selected - then tap the trash can at the bottom.

How to delete an undelivered iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.