Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I extract photos from a 'bricked' iPhone 5s?

So having only owned my BRAND NEW iPhone 5s for only three months it has decided to give up - it is suffering from what seems to be a common issue where simply resetting the device causes the phone to enter a endless loop of restarts with a blue screen 'blip' in between each rest.

I have a lot of cherished family photos stored on this phone which I unfortunately did not manage to backup. I would really really really like to be able to get these before i have to completely wipe my phone.

Are there any possible solutions to this problem? Pieces of software that anyone can recommend?

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 11:00 AM

2 replies

Nov 4, 2014 11:07 AM in response to RAS91

Sorry, but there is not. Once you restore it the device is erased. If your data are not being uploaded to your iCloud storage, then they are gone. What you can try is using software such as iPhone Data Recovery - Easily Restore Lost Data from iPhone to see if you can recover anything. You need to do this before you sync anything to the phone after the restore so you don't overwrite potentially recoverable data.

How do I extract photos from a 'bricked' iPhone 5s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.