Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tried to install OS X Yosemite on my MacBook. Got message that it could not be installed on my computer due to error while extracting files from package "Essentials.pkg". When i quit the installer as recommended it goes in a loop and gets stuck.

Tried to install OS X Yosemite on my MacBook. Got message that it could not be installed on my computer due to error while extracting files from package "Essentials.pkg". When i quit the installer as recommended it goes in a loop and gets stuck.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 1:41 PM

1 reply

Nov 6, 2014 2:01 PM in response to corrafromlondon

Hey corrafromlondon,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like the installer file isn't working. Have you tried deleting the installer and redownloading the installer? I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help you isolate or resolve the issue.

How to install OS X Yosemite on your Mac - Apple Support

you can find the Yosemite installer app in your Applications folder or Launchpad.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.