Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

convert vob files for use in FCP X

I need to convert VOB files for use in FCP X on my macbookpro in OS X Lion (10.7.5) I use Clipwrap to convert other formats, but it does not seem to accept VOB for conversion (or if it does, I have not figured out how). In searching the web, I've come across several products that tout themselves as the best, fastest, easiest VOB to Prores converters etc., some that advertise as "free" when actually only a watermarked trial version is free. I have no idea of the actual quality of any of these (some examples are Brorsoft video converter for Mac, and Acrok HD Video Converter...), and would like some input from folks w/ experience in these things before dropping $ on the problem.

In another thread on this site I read something about MPEG Streamclip, & something about needing to separately download an MPG2 converter for it w/ Lion or Mountain Lion - the process sounded confusing and I couldn't tell if it applied to my situation or not...

Thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.5), need to convert VOB files to prores

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 10:46 PM

Midnighttrain wrote:

… MPEG Streamclip, & something about needing to separately download an MPG2 converter for it w/ Lion or Mountain Lion - the process sounded confusing …

MpegStremclip is THE Swiss Army Knife, when it comes to conversion, a 100% reliable, it IS absolutely free (any download a dollar = Stefano would be a millionaire!), I dare to say it is THE most recommended 3d party tool in the editor community ....

How & why you need to install the mp2 plug-in does Signore Cinque explain in simple words on his website:

http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 4, 2014 10:46 PM in response to Midnighttrain

Midnighttrain wrote:

… MPEG Streamclip, & something about needing to separately download an MPG2 converter for it w/ Lion or Mountain Lion - the process sounded confusing …

MpegStremclip is THE Swiss Army Knife, when it comes to conversion, a 100% reliable, it IS absolutely free (any download a dollar = Stefano would be a millionaire!), I dare to say it is THE most recommended 3d party tool in the editor community ....

How & why you need to install the mp2 plug-in does Signore Cinque explain in simple words on his website:

http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

convert vob files for use in FCP X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.