Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 120gb ipod wont restore any help?

when i connect it to my pc it gives me a pop up for disk restore and it opens itunes and tells me to restore it. i have gone through this process but i keep getting an error. I have also held down menu and select together for 12 seconds and restored it like that but after it reboots it gave me the same thing again.

iPod classic, iOS 2.x

Posted on Nov 4, 2014 11:10 PM

1 reply

Nov 7, 2014 9:21 AM in response to aiko80

Hello there, aiko80.

The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great recommendations for trouleshooting the prompt to restore your iPod using iTunes:

iPod displays "Use iTunes to restore" message - Apple Support

1. Connect the iPod to your computer. One of these messages should appear on your computer:
    • Windows: iTunes has detected a Macintosh-formatted iPod. You must restore this iPod before you can use it on Windows.
      User uploaded file
    • Mac: iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode. You must restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes.
      User uploaded file
    If you don't see one of these dialogs, install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
  2. Click OK. iTunes will give you the option to restore or update your iPod.
  3. Click Restore to restore the iPod.
  4. If your iPod displays this message after you restore it, reset the iPod.
  5. After you reset your iPod, try to restore it in iTunes.
  6. If you continue to see the issue, your iPod may need to be repaired. You can arrange for service.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communites.

Cheers,

Pedro.

My 120gb ipod wont restore any help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.