Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't make cellular calls using mac but can receive them

i can receive calls on my mac but can't make calls using continuity. i am using iOS 8.1 in my iPhone and i have double checked FaceTime option which shows i can make cellular calls using mac. Plzz Help

also i can send text messages from mac using cellular network

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), iOS 8.1, iPhone 4s

Posted on Nov 5, 2014 2:52 AM

26 replies

Nov 7, 2014 11:43 AM in response to yash_v

Hi yash_v,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

Please use the information in the attached article for information on how to make a call from your Apple computer using Continuity, the Phone calls section specifically. If you are still having issues, please let me know where the failure is or what happens when you try to place a call from your Apple computer.

Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac using Continuity - Apple Support

Best regards,

Joe

Feb 27, 2015 12:17 PM in response to stwells66

Yeah - mine doesn't either....not sure what the support article was referring to.

Here is a troublehooting article that may help:

Get help using Continuity with iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite - Apple Support

I also saw a post the indicated that the iPhone itself didn't have iPhone Cellular Calls turned on (in fact wasn't even showing the option) under Settings>FaceTime>iPhone Cellular Calls. If you have it under FaceTime on the phone, but it isn't on, be sure to turn it on. If you don't have it, going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings to see if it will show up.

Cheers,

GB

Feb 27, 2015 1:41 PM in response to gail from maine

Under FaceTime, the cellular calls is turned on. Again, I can receive calls from my iPhone on my MacBook....but when I go to make them, it says both devices must be signed into the same iCloud account....and they are and all other functionality works fine.

The post I sent about the menu item not showing up was in response to yours

"And you are certain that Wifi Calling is turned off on your phone? Settings>Phone>Wifi Calling = OFF."

Under my phone settings...there are no wifi options. Under FaceTime, it is indeed turned on.

Feb 27, 2015 3:56 PM in response to stwells66

Right - I was agreeing with you about that setting not showing up anywhere. It was referred to on an Apple Support Article that I was looking at, so threw it out there. Sorry about that. It wasn't until after that I checked my phone to see what it said....I don't have any such thing either.... 😝

The only other thing I would suggest is signing out of iCloud on the Mac and then signing back in again to see if that solves it. You could also try signing out of FaceTime and back in again on the Mac. Sometimes sign out and back in resets things that are a bit wonky....

Cheers,

GB

Mar 5, 2015 12:40 PM in response to yash_v

Hello all.

I figured out how to make it work again. About 3 days it stopped working for me as well, i could receive but not make calls from my mac. The way I fix it was to first turn off FaceTime on my mac. Then I signed out of FaceTime on my iphone. Then i signed back on face time with my apple id, and then a i turned back on my FaceTime on my mac. Make sure you do all these steps under your home wifi.

Hope it works for you as well.

can't make cellular calls using mac but can receive them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.