Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I own a 2010 IPad model A1219 . Can I upgrade my iPad . So I can install iBook for my kids?

HEllo every one. My iPad is 2010 . Model A1219

Can I upgrade my iPad to another version ? I want to install IBook for my kids and apparently my old iPad at such version can't do it.

WHat can I do?

SOme help here pls.

ANY One?

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, iPad 2010 A1219

Posted on Nov 5, 2014 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2014 1:35 PM

1. No.

2. Click here and try following the instructions.

(116101)

4 replies

Nov 5, 2014 1:36 PM in response to lucyfromlaval

The A1219 is a first generation iPad and cannot be updated past iOS 5.1.1.

However, you may still be able to get a compatible version of iBooks.

In iTunes on your computer, download the App you want a compatible version for using the same Apple ID that the iPad has for the App Store. With the App Downloaded to iTunes on a computer you can go into The App Store App on your iPad, Tap on Purchased, and Look for the App there. Tap on it to begin the download. It will likely say its not compatible, but if there is a compatible version it will offer to download it.

Install the latest compatible version of an app on an earlier version of iOS or OS X - Apple Support

I own a 2010 IPad model A1219 . Can I upgrade my iPad . So I can install iBook for my kids?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.