Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I send an ibook to the uk - says it's only valid on the Canada Store

So I sent a gift of an iBook to a friend in the UK. She went to download it. Of course she's a member of the UK Apple Store. The gift wouldn't download and an error came back saying it was only valid on the Canada Apple Store. This doesn't make any sense....can anyone advise how to get around this? I just wanted to send a book to a friend and she gets this crap......

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 5, 2014 5:37 PM

1 reply

Nov 6, 2014 12:04 AM in response to alwise

You can't, gifts can not be sent to other countries - any gifts that you send can only be redeemed by other people in Canada who have a Canadian iTunes account.

If you've been charged for the gift then you can either try resending it to somebody else who is in Canada : Resend iTunes Gifts - Apple Support.

Or you can contacting iTunes Support and see if they will refund or credit you : http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/ - click on Contact iTunes Store Support on the right-hand side of the page, then Purchases, Billing & Redemption

how do I send an ibook to the uk - says it's only valid on the Canada Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.