Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I open Safari I am getting the following message: Safari - Alert Suspicious Activity Might Have been Detected. Major Security Issue To fix it please call Support for Apple 1 800-680-4131 (Toll Free) immediately! and they ask $150 to ta

When I open Safari I am getting the following message: Safari - Alert Suspicious Activity Might Have been Detected. Major Security Issue To fix it please call Support for Apple +1 800-680-4131 (Toll Free) immediately! and they ask $150 to talk to you. How do you handle that?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6, Bluetooth

Posted on Nov 6, 2014 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply
19 replies

Nov 15, 2014 12:11 PM in response to mltrahan

1. Click on the Apple icon on the top of your screen by the Safari menu

2. Force quit Safari

3. Reopen Safari

4. Before Safari relaunches it will give you the option to "Don't Reopen" or "Reopen" the previous pages you were at. Click on "Don't Reopen"

If you do not get the "Don't Reopen or Reopen" option, repeat steps 2 and 3. Sometimes you will have to force quite Safari twice in a row to get that dialogue box with those options.

That should fix it.

Be sure to call Apple and report the issue. I had the same thing happen to me, but the box claimed to be from Apple Services.

May 18, 2015 8:30 AM in response to Burksey

Good morning, I made the mistake of phoning the number - was referred to a support "network in engineering company," who then helped to fix the problem. What actually happened is that they appointed a technician in "India" somewhere to fix it. Apple gave her access to my computer, for once you phone the 1-800 number they somehow have access to your computer. After what she did, they charge you almost $500 and email you a contract to sign. The contract is for one year support service by a company in California, KAIN TECHNOLOGIES LCC. Both Apple support and the technician who 'supported' me (and who had difficulties navigating herself on my computer) did not work from California. I am an immigrant to North America myself.

Who in Apple do I contact for who give people access to a computer as the 'Apple Support service had.' My guess is that that was company working for Apple - but what was not legitimate was the referral.

I made the mistake - will not pay though - but hopefully I can help someone else not make the same mistake

May 18, 2015 8:41 AM in response to bobeaap

That phone number is nothing to do with Apple, who are not involved in any way. They wouldn't have access to your Mac just by your phoning the number, only if you specifically gave it to them. If you did give it to them you should regard your computer as seriously compromised and you should erase the disk and reinstall your system and applications. However it's quite likely that they only pretended to have access to it to scare you and to talk you into giving them money for their non-existent services. Hopefully you didn't give them your credit card details. If you did, contact your card issuer and tell them what has happened, and get the card cancelled immediately.

Do not pay anybody any money. Apple will never 'monitor' your Mac nor bring up this sort of message. If you need their help you have to contact them yourself through the legitimate published methods.

When I open Safari I am getting the following message: Safari - Alert Suspicious Activity Might Have been Detected. Major Security Issue To fix it please call Support for Apple 1 800-680-4131 (Toll Free) immediately! and they ask $150 to ta

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.