Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 restore. Error 53. Big issue

Hello!

I have iPhone 6 128gb.

Yesterday my touch id sensor didn't want to scan fingers. I went to settings and saw that Touch ID is turned off in settings. (i didn't turned it off)

I tried to turn it on, but error message was appearing immediately saying to try again. After few tries i decided to restore iOS. (thought that this will help)

But now my phone doesn't work at all. iTunes says - Error 53 while restoring. I tried everything already. All apple suggestions. This doesn't help.

I see that a lot of people are starting to have same issue.

Please, advise. Phone is not working at all. Itunes logo and cable appears on the screen. Every time i try to restore/update/whatever - ERROR 53 message appears in the middle of the status bar progress.

I didn't even know why touch id turned off automatically.

Do not know what to do.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 6, 2014 9:37 AM

2 replies

Jul 5, 2015 5:09 AM in response to fsteiner

this is what happened to me

iphone 6 working fine.

iphone 6 dropped

i was abroad with no apple store so got a guy in a small store to fix for 120 euro

phone working fine apart from fingerprint id- i thought maybe it was because the guy had used a patent cover and not original apple stuff, anyway no big deal its only fingerptint id

phone worked fine for a month, then i tried to update to the new software, doing it over wifi it kept failing, so plugged it into my computer, done a backup luckily

then error 53 wouldnt back up or restotre

the problem, is when you replace the screen there is a small cable which is easily damaged, this stops the fingerprint working, but when you try to update apple recogniased there is a hardware fault and you get error 53

see this video which explains it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_rkB6-m0OM

if apple blocks the link google youtube and this "

iPhone 6 & 6 Plus error 53 Error iTunes - Solution "

Iphone 6 restore. Error 53. Big issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.