Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't print screen when running windows on my mac

I've had a look at what buttons you need to press and found that its apparently fn+shift+f11 but when i try this nothing happens, I've downloaded the lasted bootcamp drivers but its still not work, anyone know how to fix it?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Nov 6, 2014 11:24 AM

8 replies

May 22, 2015 10:02 PM in response to kyle_sewell

When you say Fn+Shift+F11 doesn't work, you do realise this only copies the screen to the clipboard? You then need to open Paint and do Cntrl-V to copy it from the clipboard. You can then save the screen shot as a graphic file. Windows does not automatically save a graphic file like in OS X. When you do the Shift-Fn-F11 key press you won't hear anything like when you press Shift-Cmd-3 in OS X. Windows has never had an equivalent to the Mac for saving screen shots built in to the OS. Without a 3rd party app, you have to do a 'print screen' which only saves to the clipboard, so you then have to use the Paint app to get it from the clipboard. Hope this clears it up for those that are still unsure. Roy

can't print screen when running windows on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.