Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHY is the Bluetooth headset still changing my ringer volume?

iphone 6

ios 8

this issue dates back at least three years. After a Bluetooth headset has been used and disconnected my ringer will be all the way silent. I can barely even post this question as the iphone doesn't like this website. Why in the world is it not configured for iOS?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 6, 2014 3:07 PM

3 replies

Apr 18, 2015 5:29 PM in response to chap_

I've had this problem as well and didn't realize that it was due to my Bluetooth headphones till this past week. It's been driving me nuts! And it doesn't always change the ringer volume. Maybe it depends on how you connect/disconnect the headphones. As far as I know, there's three ways of disconnecting headphones 1) Turn off headphones 2) Turn off Bluetooth 3) Go into airplane mode. Two ways of connecting (after first pairing) 1) auto connect when Bluetooth is active before powering up the headphones 2) Turn on headphones, turn on Bluetooth on iPhone, press button on headphones to connect. I'll do some experimenting with different off/on techniques to see if one of them causes the problem. Or maybe it's the headphones themselves that cause this problem. I'm using Bluebuds X

May 9, 2015 7:08 AM in response to assault_is_eternal

I've found that the ringer volume only gets changed when my Bluebuds auto-connect to my iPhone. If I have to manually connect, the ringer volume is unaffected. I assume that this is a safety feature designed to protect your hearing. I'm guessing that it's earbuds that are initiating it, since it's done wrong. They should be lowering the master volume to protect your hearing - not the ringer volume.

WHY is the Bluetooth headset still changing my ringer volume?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.