Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 plus won't play video

I've had my iphone 6 plus since the beginning of the week and everytime I've tried to play a video it just has the going round in circles icon and nothing plays.

This is the same in Safari, Facebook and YouTube. Given it's not App specific its reasonable to suggest its a phone problem - any fixes out there?

Cheers

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 6, 2014 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2016 11:00 AM

Here is what fix my videos from not playing or they play but after the buffering circle delays them.

Change your Photos & Camera settings from Optimize iPhone Storage to Download and Keep Originals.

Then call up your video and edit them ... this then restores them fully from the iCloud to full resolution.

My problem was solved as there were videos and pictures stored at a lower resolution and the buffer circle would restore the Photos but not the videos until they were edited

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2016 11:00 AM in response to Gianna Tsolkas

Here is what fix my videos from not playing or they play but after the buffering circle delays them.

Change your Photos & Camera settings from Optimize iPhone Storage to Download and Keep Originals.

Then call up your video and edit them ... this then restores them fully from the iCloud to full resolution.

My problem was solved as there were videos and pictures stored at a lower resolution and the buffer circle would restore the Photos but not the videos until they were edited

Sep 4, 2015 12:29 AM in response to Xt1ncT

For anyone else who has this problem, I fixed it on my new IPhone 6 by simply turning the device off and on, and going to settings- general- background app refresh, and turning it off for the YouTube App. I think this helps the app properly restart since it's constantly working with wifi. Try this before restarting your device if you want.

PS I don't know for certain if this is why my video starting playing again, since I did not actually check to see if it was working after I turned my phone off and on. All I know is I did those 2 thing and it worked again.

My iPhone 6 plus won't play video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.