Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems w/ MacBook Pro and Dell 2155 cdn

I am having issues with a mid-2010 MacBook Pro (10.8.5) and a networked Dell 2155cdn printer/photocopier/fax/scanner. Driver is Dell 2155cdn Color MFP v1.5 downloaded from Dell support (also tried v1.4).

Connectivity is fine, not a network issue. I can print a test page. When I print to this printer– from any application, say TextEdit– I get the usual osx dialog box. However, when I click "Print" from said dialog box, instead of the print job going to the queue, I get another dialog box to set up for sending a fax.

I should mention that I have six other os-x boxes (10.7.5 to 10.9.1)– Mac Pros, IMacs a mini,and 2 Airs– in the house that are connected to this printer, either via a "shared printer" or networked directly to the printer, and I have never had this particular problem with any of these machines. (I have had lots of other issues with this printer and would never recommend it for use w/ Macs.) I just want a click on "print" to print my job, pretty straight forward. I will never send a fax.

Given the above, I am thinking the problem lies hidden somewhere on my MacBook Pro. Can anybody set me straight here?

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 6, 2014 6:35 PM

5 replies

Sep 3, 2015 2:50 AM in response to WxGuy

Just got around this same issue by changing the default printer driver (downloaded from Dell - Dell 2155cdn Color MFP v1.6) for another which is bundled with the Dell driver download. Go to "Select Software" (sic) during install and select the Dell 2155cn Color MFP v1.6 instead of the 2155cdn default and this issue should disappear.

problems w/ MacBook Pro and Dell 2155 cdn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.