Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

au instruments in 10.0.3 on mavericks, NOT LOADING? not showing up or anything?

how can i get my .componet files to work in this setup so i can use my AU instruments in garage band?

also, can i use my fruity loops AU files in garage band?

thanks!/

GarageBand 10, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), serial: C02NH2SUG3QJ build: 13F34

Posted on Nov 6, 2014 10:48 PM

1 reply

Nov 7, 2014 10:29 AM in response to dannydrifting

Have your audio units worked before in GarageBand 10.0.2? Or have you just upgraded to Garageband 10.0? Not all audio units are compatible with GarageBand 10 in Mavericks, see: GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Unexpected behavior with Audio Units plug-ins

If the audio units are compatible, they should be working as described here: Re: How do I get audio unit instruments to work in new Garageband?

Audio units are installed in /Library/Audio/Components or /Library/Audio/VST.

They are available from the Audio Units brick "AuInstruments" menu, once it is revealed byshowing the smart controls (View menu), clicking the "i" button in the smart controls to reveal the "Inspector" and enlarge the panel, until it it is large enough to show the Audio units.

For example, to play the Zebralette instrument: Click the upper brick in the right column of the Audio Units brick (the lower will add effects, not instruments)

User uploaded file

au instruments in 10.0.3 on mavericks, NOT LOADING? not showing up or anything?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.