Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone is not reachable or switeched off??

After updating my iOS to 8.1, my iphone-5 experiencing the problems. Mostly it says, phone is switched off or Not reachable.Previously, there was no issue. I think,this not network providers issue. Definitely, this is phone issue.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 6, 2014 9:20 PM

31 replies

Jan 22, 2017 11:57 AM in response to gopikrish81

Do you still have that problem after reseting network settings?

Because I'm having the same issue

When someone calls me, my phone is saying it's switched off or not reachable (not at every time)

I'm using iphone 7 and i have tried everything, like restart, restore from backup and also tried reseting network settings

After that the apple care replaced new phone due to this issue.

But no use. The problem still remains

What can i do?

Jul 25, 2017 11:36 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

yeah,the problem comes when we use a 4g airtel/vodafone/idea sim

because when we enconter with an incoming call it should fall back to 3g and the call should be notified but as 4g is still in developing state in india except for jio carrier

when ever u face that problem please do this

we need to disable the 4g option in our mobile in setting mobile data 4g off,the. this problem can be resolved

Jul 26, 2017 10:42 AM in response to kundanasreejani

The decision on what settings you have available to you on the phone is a decision of the carrier, and it is controlled by the carrier file on your device. If you are seeing this in one setting but not another, then you need to manually change that setting, and report the issues to your carrier. This is not something wrong with the phone.

Nov 6, 2014 9:49 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yes.. Signal strength is 4-5 bars always. I also checked signal strength with *3001#12345#* is gives -78 to -80.

There is no DND is turned on or Flight mode is turned on. I'm getting miscall alert messages from my service provider ( says that ******** .user is trying to reach you). I can call any number any time but when other person trying to reach me they are facing problem. In short, people trying to reach me but they are not able to connect.

Dec 30, 2014 9:10 PM in response to VPSengar

Even i am having the same issue. Signal strength is good on my phone, i am receiving SMS, Whats app messages and even i can make a call without any issue, but my friends are unable to call me. Whenever they call they are getting the message as either phone is switched off or not rechable even though the phone is switched on and i can see the full strength of the network. This seems to be a phone issue as i changed the same sim to other android phone and there there is no issue like this.

Dec 30, 2014 9:49 PM in response to HKQ

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried many things like removing the sim card and inserting, changing the sim card, upgrading the IOS etc but unfortunately nothing worked!!. This most likely seems to be an issue with iphone/IOS (i could see may people facing the same issue. So less likely a phone issue) because if the same sim card is inserted in another Android phone, i am not seeing any issue with that. Everything looks proper on my iphone like i could see the network bar is proper, able to receive SMS, Whats app messages, Able to make calls without any issue but only problem surfaces when somebody tries to call me. I am not sure if this happens after i upgraded the IOS earlier from 5.x to 7.x??

Phone is not reachable or switeched off??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.